marked as "watched" function not working !

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
Hi there !
The marked as "watched" function not working has suddenly (weeks ago) stopped working on 3 machines , of which one with old Android and Old Kodi, one with new Android and Newest Kodi, and one PC with Windows7 and Leia 18.2.
WHAT do the have in COMMON ?!
DO NOT anser that I need a trakct-account, never had one, and for years the "watched" function worked in EIGHT different viedo-addons !

WHO know the answer ?! I do not !

Jan

casrten888

May 26, 2017
same issue (on not so many machines thou)
Leia 18.2 on raspberry pi 3. Since Y*da died in no addon the marks work.

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
And the strange thing is, no-one will give ór has the reason why it does not work . NOT even the official sites ! It worked for YEARS WITHOUT TRAKT, so when people claim that the reason is due to the fact that the user has nó TRAKT-account, I say ..........Well, you know.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
I'm not sure of the actual reason the marked as watched isnt working, but maybe the discussion will lead to someone figuring out whats wrong with it.
For kodi to know, and remember. whats been watched it would have to be cached (stored) in a database file somewhere.
Either by the name or the name and a "watched" category in the db
It could be that the db has become corrupted somehow.
I think the db used might be the commoncach,db in the temp folder, but am not 100% sure and I could be wrong on that.
You dont want to go and start deleting databases because it could cause other issues.
Not to mention that if you do find it and delete it, you will lose all the watched info that you have accumulated to this point.

Maybe someone who knows for sure can comment on where and how its stored?

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
Well, the database cannot be scrambled or damaged because it happens in THREE devices ! Two mediaplayers with the newest Kodi ánd Kodi 16.1 and a PC with the newest Kodi.
My guess is that is is somthing that the have in common, ór Kodi ór an dependancy that somehow corrupts ALL of my video-addons !

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
"Not to mention that if you do find it and delete it, you will lose all the watched info that you have accumulated to this point."
This is where a trakt account comes in handy. It would mark everything as watched again after the db ghas been deleted.

Reactions: Shinzin

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Good point RR.
I have noticed it with my trakt also.
I watch something and it doesnt get marked as watched.
My other watched stuff is marked but not anything newly watched
I have to manually tell it to "mark as watched in trakt".
its like kodi is not marking it and trakt isnt getting told that its been watched because of it
I dont know if thats the same thing they are seeing or not
But maybe its a corrupt db that cant be written to
Or, maybe its kodi itself just not marking it that way for some reason

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
My opinion: It's Kodi ITSELF ! Om two Kodi machines and on a PC with Kodi the "watched" function suddenly stopped working some time ago. I've put this question on several forums and on official and grey Kodi sites, but no one gives me a answer or the correct answer. Have they something to hide OR are the owners of the TRAKT database up to something in the (near) future ?!

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
@capslock,
Are your older watched items marked as watched?
Is it that if you watch something it doesnt get automaticially marked?
Can you mark new items manually?
if you try to mark it manually, does it remember it?

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
I've never used the MARKED AS WATCHED function for keeping a large document of wat I had seen. I used it to keep an eye in the tv-shows calender so that I would not miss an episode of my series. IF there was a database in KODI of my shows and movies I do not know where it is ! The function was also nice when marking a season/all episodes as WATCHED. The UNWATCH function also was nice ! And then.....suddenly.......I noticed, ánd other users, that the function STOPPED ! WHY??????????????
The function does NOT work at the moment on all of my devices and video-addons ! NOT manually and NOT automatic.

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
Ok, thanks.
I dont know why its not working either.
I'm just trying to figure out whats working and not working at the moment in hopes of finding out whats going on.
Using the "watched" for what all you have seen might not have been your intent, but thats what it does. Or did anyway.
The calender features use that info to tell you what you have watched in your series and whats up next.
All that info should be stored in a db somewhere where it can read it from and to write to it.
I believe this is actually a main kodi function and could be in their code.

If it worked manually but not auto, then it might only be kodi and not the database.
if neither way works it could be the db, but might still be kodi.
If its the db, then we have to figure out why, and maybe what caused it, to get it working right again.

Either way its gonna take some digging to figure it all out

Edit also what skin are you using?

Edit2: I know the db is good but for future referance the watched status is stored in kodi/userdata/Database/MyVideosxxx.db

Last edited:

Shinzin

Staff member
Feb 16, 2017
ok I just tried it manually with the youtube addon and it marked it as watched.
So it is working.
the issue might be with the addons and not having the proper info format for the shows your wanting marked
It also marked it as watched (auto) after watching a video
kodi and the db it uses must be fine.
its got to be with the addons.
.org may have change something in kodi and the addons havent caught up to the change yet

Last edited:

casrten888

May 26, 2017
I confirm that in the youtube addon marked-as-seen is working.
So I guess its in the addons. Such a shame there is no support for those addons online, else we could just let them know. But they will probably see it themselves at some point. (and then think its probably kodi doing this, then do a search and find this very thread :D )

Reactions: Shinzin

capslock

Jan 1, 2018
Thanks ! I'll try it with Youtube and see what happens. It's a complicated issue and indeed, where do you/I put the question and cán and will the developers repair it ? We will see. Greetings from me to you, thanks !