Matricom G-Box Q

JOHNRAMI

Sep 3, 2013
Florida U.S.A
Matricom G_BOX Q

Had a Q box delivered 3 weeks ago. Came with Kodi installed. No add ons. I installed fusion and two other sources them add ons. Q box is working well, Kodi is working well. Only complaint I have about Q is the provided remote control. 1. The mouse feature is useless. 2. Over sensitivity of key press. Sometime multiple selections take place with one key press. Matricom said these issues should be corrected with new firmware due out soon.

I give Matricom Support A++ for quick response and handling my complaint. A replacement remote was sent.

hurst2001

Dec 10, 2013
Had a Q box delivered 3 weeks ago. Came with Kodi installed. No add ons. I installed fusion and two other sources them add ons. Q box is working well, Kodi is working well. Only complaint I have about Q is the provided remote control. 1. The mouse feature is useless. 2. Over sensitivity of key press. Sometime multiple selections take place with one key press. Matricom said these issues should be corrected with new firmware due out soon.

I give Matricom Support A++ for quick response and handling my complaint. A replacement remote was sent.
My remote is the same way as the cursor moves real slow .. You think they would sena replacement?

JOHNRAMI

Sep 3, 2013
Florida U.S.A
It won't hurt to try. I was sent a replacement remote. Go to matricom.net and fill out a support ticket. Matricom's follow up was quick. I received replacement within a week. Matricom wrote back to inform that replacement had been shipped and that new firmware is coming soon, by months end. The new firmware will fix the remote issues.

kdnoel

Sep 4, 2013
North Carolina

Just pickup a Logitech K400 and be done with it. Plug and play! The best 20.00 you'll ever spend.
Don't fall for the firmware fix thing. Never came for the MX2 and we've only waited for a year or so. [emoji19]

Last edited:

picaninnyfreeze

Sep 10, 2012
florida swamps
i can not see specs on this Q box that list optical out "aka SPDIF" and can not see in any pics .
IS there an OPTICAL port for sound on the Q box ???
please let me no as my money is burning my leg now , it already burned thru the pocket , LOL .
THANK YOU .

Last edited:

takumi

May 16, 2013
Instead of buying an overpriced Gbox-Q, why not buy an M8 with 2gb of ram and flash openelec to it?

Don't think you will find a better user friendly combo than that for the money.

Zorro69

Feb 21, 2015
Oscar did you ever find a answer thinking of getting the q-box but keep finding conflicting answers if openelec will even work on it..
I'm running codesnakes OpenElec on my Q box.

Install the 503 M8 version from h**ps://github.com/codesnake/OpenELEC.tv/releases

Just patiently waiting for version 508 to be released by codesnake.

Optimus2727

Aug 15, 2012
Has anyone had issues with Qbox rebooting when trying do any stream loading in Kodi, Or even just trying to program the box?
I have installed 14.1,14.2,14.3 and even 15. with the same results. I have done the the toothpick reset on the box.... still no fix.

Mine just keeps crashing and rebooting the box? Thoughts anyone?

Phryzm

Dec 8, 2014
I am using 1.3.1 which is what they directed me to use by reflashing the box via toothpick method.

thoughts?
Contact matricom support or if you're still w/ in return period let them replaced the box.
Sad thing is if you chose to return it will cost you S/H.
FWIW, I'm on 1.3.1 w/ KODI 14 stable and the Q's behaving very nicely, no complain.

Optimus2727

Aug 15, 2012
Contact matricom support or if you're still w/ in return period let them replaced the box.
Sad thing is if you chose to return it will cost you S/H.
FWIW, I'm on 1.3.1 w/ KODI 14 stable and the Q's behaving very nicely, no complain.
Mine was working great no issues and then I went to install repos on another box my friend bought and when I plugged mine back in it started doing it. Funny thing is that the box that I tried to install the repos to was doing the same thing. That box was brand new just unwrapped it and plugged it in and it started doing it. My box didn't have this concern until after I plugged this box in. Its weird.