Middle Aged Man Says Hello

NoClueDude

Dec 3, 2015
Hello.

The story so far :
4 days ago - First heard about Kodi and immediately downloaded a windows version, watched a ton of YouTube videos and was no wiser when I went to bed.
3 days ago - Had my first success navigating though the correct installation procedure of video addons and uninstalled Kodi 4 or 5 time to wipe all bloatware, through messing around with "Lots" of build wizards. Went to bed Happy after another 3 or 4 hours of YouTube.
2 days ago - Wash, Rinse, Repeat. vowed to buy a FireTVstick.
Yesterday - Went out with the wife got drunk bought a FireTVstick.
Today - Installed the FireTVstick, put a stable piece of bloat on it. Vowed to remove it within a month or two with my own selection of your finest addons in a build that will please the whole family.

So with that said, it must be pretty obvious to those that will read this, I need as much help as possible.
I'd like to take the opportunity right here and right now to thank the developers of this community and look forward to hopefully paying back my gratitude in the form of being as helpful as I can to all those in my position of not knowing a thing.

NoClueDude

Dec 3, 2015
Thanks great bit of advice there and I've already done so on both the Android build (fireTVstick) and my Windows build.
I'm just a little annoyed at myself as I have no idea how to set up a VPN to enable the correct working of certain Video addons, as I'm a UK resident and am blocked from accessing their feeds. Plus I'd need a free VPN with no data limiter.
Any further advice would be most welcome :D

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
As far as VPN you get what you pay for IMO. For a minimal fee you get piece of mind and get to select the country you want. Free often won't give you many choices. You might want to try TOR on your windows machine. There are likely some free VPN for Android as well if you look in the play store.