Minix hardware able to upgrade to latest Kodi

Scooterch

Jun 4, 2017
I have a Minix X8-H and gather that I cannot upgrade to Kodi 17 Krypton or beyond, since the chipset is outdated. It is a real pity for a device that still functions well (including with Tvaddons), but one day I will probably be forced to upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a current Minix model that is up to date or somehow future-proofed? :confused:

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
I have a Minix X8-H and gather that I cannot upgrade to Kodi 17 Krypton or beyond, since the chipset is outdated. It is a real pity for a device that still functions well (including with Tvaddons), but one day I will probably be forced to upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a current Minix model that is up to date or somehow future-proofed? :confused:
It’s simple, really. You need a box, any box, which has an operating system which can run Krypton. So that would be version 5 or higher in Android, or Windows 10. Don’t get one with a small RAM, the more the better.

Hope that helps.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Please note that you could put Librelect on this box and it will still be good for a while. You could also use SPMC or MyGica media player on it. Those are all updated with the latest version of Kodi but will work on older boxes. They are simply forks of Kodi.

Klaver4

Feb 9, 2018
Minix has an unofficial Update to Android 5.1 for the Minix X8-H! I got it running on mine and it works great. Google: - minixforum - minix x8 h finless lollipop rom. Been using the ROM for more then 2 month's now and it works Super! Even with Kodi 18..

Last edited:

papaya

Apr 4, 2018
Minix has an unofficial Update to Android 5.1 for the Minix X8-H! I got it running on mine and it works great. Google: - minixforum - minix x8 h finless lollipop rom. Been using the ROM for more then 2 month's now and it works Super! Even with Kodi 18..
thank you for your info