mirroring to the apple tv2 not working with ios9 on ipad jailbroken

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
Okay as another thread here has been started about ios9 jailbreak for the ipad and kodi not working at the moment with the jailbreak for ios9. The ios jailbreak update for the ipad has now disabled airplay mirroring via the apple tv2 and only shows it as an audio device. You need to update the apple tv to the latest firmware which will allow mirroring to work again. However doing this you will lose your jailbreak which i dont care about any way because i use my ipads kodi app through airplay. Wondering if the apple 3 will have an issue like this or even the 4 when it comes out where the jailbreak will render the airplay only as audio. I should have stayed on 8.4. I tried to factory reset the tv2 but its buggered itunes wont pick it up and in the apple tv settings the restore button doesnt work. it was mentioned that apple did this with ios9 to make it harder for jailbroken devices to airplay onto other devices such as apple tv's and macs. Kodi luckily still works on my mac with yosemite but i just can't mirror it to the apple

Last edited:

stinkfinger

May 11, 2012
okay i sorted restoring the apple tv2 by finding an old season pass ispw 5.0.2 9B830 and opening it with itunes connected the apple and done. Now with this done and the lastest firmware update mirroring now works on my hd tv. All we need now is for the other site to update their end for the it to work on ios9/