Mlb.tv??

jbizzy

Aug 9, 2012
There used to be an add-on which carried MLB.TV on the Ouya, but unfortunately it is now gone. Is anyone aware of another add-on which carries this service? I am a paying customer and just would like to access the content (they also show a free game a day for non-paying guests!)
Thanks.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
If you are referring to MLBMC apparently it will not be supported any more, see kodi forum.

I may be jumping ahead but I think for your ouya you may need to pay the additional for At Bat, which is available on the google play store so you may need to have the ability to download from the google play store which may require rooting or other tweaks. OR you may be able to just go to the mlb.tv web site through the browser and that may work as well. Or maybe ouya has some sort of option planned for the season, I don't know.

MY solution is to use my windows dongle computer (meegopad) and simply watch through the browser. They can't ever take windows mlb.tv access away from you. I paid for the year yesterday so I'm all paid up and eagerly awaiting the start of spring training. In years past I always used MLBMC but now it looks like this year is going to be different.

jbizzy

Aug 9, 2012
Thanks for the info, and yes, that was the add-on I was referring to.
I'm an MLB Premium customer and the site says I should receive At Bat 14 (soon to be 15 I believe) for free, but can you actually watch the games through this, or is it just highlights and archived games?
I have tried accessing MLB.TV through the standard browser on the Ouya, but it doesn't seem to work correctly and just repeatedly booted me out of the browser. I think I need to install another browser on my Ouya that has a desktop mode.
I have to do something with Flash too apparently...
So much easier when there was an add-on dedicated to this service.
Yeah, I'm not rooted or anything like that and unfortunately don't have another computer that can be hooked up to watch the games through.
Oh well, it'll give me something to do this weekend or I might have to get my ATV2 back from the in-laws!
Thanks again.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I think At Bat is for androids and ipads. I have watched many games through it on my tablet so yes if you can get at bat you should be good to go with live and archived games.

You bring up a good question with this. I'm going to have to plug mine back in and play around with it.

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
OK I'm watching MLBMC right now. I clicked on a video link and am watching a spring training interview clips from every team right now.

IT Works!

I'm using a windows mini pc with gotham xbmc 13.2

Last edited:

roach46

Nov 24, 2014
OK I'm watching MLBMC right now. I clicked on a video link and am watching a spring training interview clips from every team right now.

IT Works!

I'm using a windows mini pc with gotham xbmc 13.2

Thanks so much for the headsup, googled it, found it, now watching it!, on M8 android

j.bond

Nov 17, 2012
@jbizzy, Kodi doesn't seem to support this add-on, XBMC still seems to work, Spring training games starts this Monday the 3rd, so we won't know for sure if this add-on works as it did last year (2014)
Being a MLB.TV prem. member myself, I used the app from XBMC, when possible, but having a smart TV, roku, apple tv2 and fire TV I have a few different option on how to view MLB.TV including via my laptop. (HDMI from laptop to TV is OK, but not the best option) since upgrading to Kodi, I might on Monday wipe my Pi and reinstall XBMC just to see how it runs. Also there is a member at the .org that post a zip with a MLB update this is supposed to work on Kodi, again we won't know for sure until Monday.

jbizzy

Aug 9, 2012
Updated my Ouya last night to Helix 14 and MLBMC was there... Working like a charm.

j.bond

Nov 17, 2012
If you need MLB, do a Google search for MLBMC 2.0.7 the first site shown has a few links, the first few links are DEAD, keep trying and you'll get a good link to download.

Hope this helps.

jbizzy

Aug 9, 2012
Anyone else having issues with MLBMC 2.0.7?
It was working all spring training and now it isn't???

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
What is yours doing?

Mine seems to be fine. Keep in mind if ESPN has the games they may be hard to watch in mlbmc. If fox has the game it may be blacked out and if your local team has a game that can be blacked out also.

I live in Florida but I like the mets and Yankees so no issues here except when they play any of the Florida teams I get blacked out. No biggie though because Spo*ts De*il still works good here. Yesterday I watched the Yankees game at lunch sitting in a restaurant in another city through Spo*ts De*il.

I don't want to be signed in to mob on more than one computer at a time. I've had huge problems with sign in when I tried this. You have to sign out of one device before signing in to another if you want it to be dependable.

jbizzy

Aug 9, 2012
Hmmmm, no it isn't a blackout issue, I can't even get to a game. I select whichever game I'd like to watch and I get an error message pop-up in the bottom right corner telling me that there is a script error. I have mlbmc 2.0.73 and everything looks fine right up until a game would usually load up.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I'm using 2.0.7 divingmule but I am on a windows machine and gotham 13.2 not kodi, but the last I checked ouya worked fine with that same version. Maybe try 2.0.7, other than that maybe refresh it or uninstall it and reinstall it. Don't know what else to suggest.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Git Browser 1
M Amazon Fire TV 21
S Addon Requests 0