MLBMC question

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
So, I installed this channel on the Amazon Fire TV and noticed I was having buffering/freezing issues with live games on the mlb.tv portion of the channel. I was wondering if this is a problem with the channel or Fire TV. Anyone have a solution or recommended settings to address it?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Stick to one thread please.
The problem lies within gotham xbmc, mlbmc will not run right on that platform. Use xbmc for ouya or any other stable frodo version and mlbmc will run just fine. It has nothing to do with your hardware. Also if you have a problem please include your exact version of xbmc. I am assuming you are running gotham.

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Stick to one thread please.
The problem lies within gotham xbmc, mlbmc will not run right on that platform. Use xbmc for ouya or any other stable frodo version and mlbmc will run just fine. It has nothing to do with your hardware. Also if you have a problem please include your exact version of xbmc. I am assuming you are running gotham.
O.K. Sorry about two threads. I wasn't sure where the best place to post was.

I believe that yes I have the gotham xbmc as I followed these directions to install on my Amazon Fire Tv:

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-setup-xbmc-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-through-an-android-phone-or-tablet/

From there, I configured following these steps: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-use-the-xbmchub-com-configuration-wizard-addon-for-dummies-and-see-mount-rushmore-from-xbmc/
and chose the Android version.

I appreciate your reply. But, I need a little more detailed step by step help for getting the MLBMC channel to function properly while yet maintaining the convenience of the wizard as I am a newbie to XBMC. So, if you could help in that manner I would appreciate it.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Ok first of all what I did was I installed xbmc for ouya next to my gotham build. They both can be on your computer at the same time. When you want to watch mlbmc just use the ouya version, when you watch most everything else then you use gotham. Nothing changes on gotham except you should sign out of mlbmc before signing in to mlbmc on the ouya version. I was signed in to at least 10 different androids, smart tvs, mx box, computers, etc and my login would fail almost every night and I had to call mlb every night for a week and get them to reset my login. Then I figured it out and signed out of all but one tv box now it works flawlessly every night.

Anyway an easy fix for you would be to go to the amazon box wiki and install xbmc for ouya then get mlbmc which is in xbmc addons if I recall correctly and go at it. I'm certain that will work for you. If you need any help let me know.

I have an amazon fire box but I absolutely can't stand it, I hate it with a passion as a matter of fact. Ill probably sell it, right now its in the closet collecting dust. I might even burn it publicly I hate it so much. To each their own. I'm using a nice little android with a nifty 1080 Rom and the best part is I have volume on the remote. Lol

Go Yankees!

Last edited:

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Ok first of all what I did was I installed xbmc for ouya next to my gotham build. They both can be on your computer at the same time. When you want to watch mlbmc just use the ouya version, when you watch most everything else then you use gotham. Nothing changes on gotham except you should sign out of mlbmc before signing in to mlbmc on the ouya version. I was signed in to at least 10 different androids, smart tvs, mx box, computers, etc and my login would fail almost every night and I had to call mlb every night for a week and get them to reset my login. Then I figured it out and signed out of all but one tv box now it works flawlessly every night.

Anyway an easy fix for you would be to go to the amazon box wiki and install xbmc for ouya then get mlbmc which is in xbmc addons if I recall correctly and go at it. I'm certain that will work for you. If you need any help let me know.

I have an amazon fire box but I absolutely can't stand it, I hate it with a passion as a matter of fact. Ill probably sell it, right now its in the closet collecting dust. I might even burn it publicly I hate it so much. To each their own. I'm using a nice little android with a nifty 1080 Rom and the best part is I have volume on the remote. Lol

Go Yankees!
Sorry to hear you don't like the Fire TV box. Only had mine a couple days but like it so far (mainly because of XBMC). I'm finding I prefer XBMC 1,000 percent better than Plex.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what you meant by wiki for the Fire TV. What I did do is go back in to these directions for wizard setup and choose ouya one: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-use-the-xbmchub-com-configuration-wizard-addon-for-dummies-and-see-mount-rushmore-from-xbmc/

Is that what you meant?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
No nothing in the wizard will help you here. Go back to your installation of xbmc and instead of installing gotham install xbmc for ouya. Start there. Let me know when you accomplish this.

And the wiki I was talking about is an xbmc.org wiki for how to install xbmc on your amazon fire tv. All the steps are there for what I'm suggesting.

And there are many guides right here in this forum that will give you several ways of getting to the same place.

Last edited:

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
No nothing in the wizard will help you here. Go back to your installation of xbmc and instead of installing gotham install xbmc for ouya. Start there. Let me know when you accomplish this.

And the wiki I was talking about is an xbmc.org wiki for how to install xbmc on your amazon fire tv. All the steps are there for what I'm suggesting.

And there are many guides right here in this forum that will give you several ways of getting to the same place.
Thank you for taking time to respond. I"m still a bit confused as to install the way you are suggesting. I installed following these steps and did not see an option for installing xbmc for ouya: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-setup-xbmc-on-the-amazon-fire-tv-through-an-android-phone-or-tablet/

Step 5 simply doesn't list that option. So, if you could clarify what would need to be done for Step 5 I would apppreciate it.

I am also assuming I will have to uninstall the version I currently have on the Fire TV before reinstalling. Is that correct?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Ok so step 5 points you to xbmc download page and ouya xbmc is not there. That's fine so find a download for xbmc for ouya on the net and download it to whatever computer you are using then click on IT instead of the xbmc version suggested in step 5.

No you do not remove gotham xbmc for this. You are installing a totally different program that is perfectly fine to install next to standard xbmc programs. Matter of fact there are four different xbmc versions you can all have installed at the SAME Time.

When the fire tv first came out there was a aiki page that specifically step by step tells you how to install xbmc for ouya on IT that's why I suggested that page. This method you have posted is foreign to me. I installed my xbmc on my fire tv differently. I used the xbmc.org fire tv wiki. But either way will still get you tithe same place.

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Ok so step 5 points you to xbmc download page and ouya xbmc is not there. That's fine so find a download for xbmc for ouya on the net and download it to whatever computer you are using then click on IT instead of the xbmc version suggested in step 5.

No you do not remove gotham xbmc for this. You are installing a totally different program that is perfectly fine to install next to standard xbmc programs. Matter of fact there are four different xbmc versions you can all have installed at the SAME Time.

When the fire tv first came out there was a aiki page that specifically step by step tells you how to install xbmc for ouya on IT that's why I suggested that page. This method you have posted is foreign to me. I installed my xbmc on my fire tv differently. I used the xbmc.org fire tv wiki. But either way will still get you tithe same place.
O.K. So, I believe I got one set up as I have a second version of XBMC on my Fire TV (the 2nd one is named "XBMC on Ouya". I believe I got the download from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/z25llq6dd8pgnzr/OUYAFREE-XBMC-12.3.apk

Any other special setup configurations I need to make?

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
No that's perfect. Now just go to settings/addons /get more/xbmc addons/mlbmc and install it. You don't need fusion or the xbmchub for this addon. Make sure you completely sign out of mlbmc on your gotham xbmc by highlighting mlbmc in the video/addon list then hit the c button then go to addon settings then hit default then save, that will sign you out so you don't get a login error when you sign in on the ouya version.

Let me know how this works out. That's exactly how I fixed my mlbmc problems. Its been working perfectly every night without any failure whatsoever. My problem now is the mets are stinking up the field once again,the yanks ain't doing much better.

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Anyone having issues with an OUYA build on the MLBMC channel tonight? I am getting freezing/running well then all of a sudden I am kicked out of the channel and back to the "menu" for that channel. I am seeing this on a 12.3 OUYA build. Looks like same thing is going on in the 13.0 Gotham version I have installed too. Weird. The OUYA build has been rock solid until this point.

Last edited:

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
No that's perfect. Now just go to settings/addons /get more/xbmc addons/mlbmc and install it. You don't need fusion or the xbmchub for this addon. Make sure you completely sign out of mlbmc on your gotham xbmc by highlighting mlbmc in the video/addon list then hit the c button then go to addon settings then hit default then save, that will sign you out so you don't get a login error when you sign in on the ouya version.

Let me know how this works out. That's exactly how I fixed my mlbmc problems. Its been working perfectly every night without any failure whatsoever. My problem now is the mets are stinking up the field once again,the yanks ain't doing much better.
I think I forgot to ask. What is the "c" button on the Fire Tv remote?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
I don't remember. I sold my fire tv a couple of weeks ago, perhaps one of the other amazon fans can Assist? Actually I think there's a diagram that tell you what all the buttons do on the net somewhere, perhaps the xbmc fire tv wiki, I assume you are aware of that fine source for information since you own one.

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV
It's no problem mapping the volume buttons i mapped mine to up and down in movie and music mode.
And it's not gotham that's problem it's the addon that is not updated divingmule have not been around for ages. Also you should install gotham 13.1 instead of 13.0.

@the lion: you are extremly rude please calm down and help instead of posting worthless stuff like the above post and all the other where all you do is rant about your rockchip/ftv stupidity (yes unlike you i can search) and the wiki instead of giving the guy a link where everything is explained.
Again if you do not elborate your posts they are worthless and you might as well keep them to yourself.

Last edited:

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Amazon_Fire_TV
It's no problem mapping the volume buttons i mapped mine to up and down in movie and music mode.
And it's not gotham that's problem it's the addon that is not updated divingmule have not been around for ages. Also you should install gotham 13.1 instead of 13.0.

@the lion: you are extremly rude please calm down and help instead of posting worthless stuff like the above post and all the other where all you do is rant about your rockchip/ftv stupidity (yes unlike you i can search) and the wiki instead of giving the guy a link where everything is explained.
Again if you do not elborate your posts they are worthless and you might as well keep them to yourself.
I uninstalled Gotham 13.0 and 13.1 last night. As far as the addon itself, it's weird that it had been working pretty well on an OUYA build before last night. I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but if it is the add on itself is there any way someone can update it since divingmule isn't around to do it anymore? It's a great missing piece to the FTV experience (even if nothing else is updated other than the ability to get into mlb.tv, login, and watch the games).

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
If it does not work on frodo (Ouya version) anymore the mlbmc site might just be down? I don't know how stable they are but things like that happens from time to time have you checked the site or if they have a web or facebook page? There might be some info or as said might be down.

Unfortunatly I don't know anyone that uses this addon, but you can try and ask in the divingmule section I think you will get much more answers there.

Last edited:

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
If it does not work on frodo (Ouya version) anymore the mlbmc site might just be down? I don't know how stable they are but things like that happens from time to time have you checked the site or if they have a web or facebook page? There might be some info or as said might be down.

Unfortunatly I don't know anyone that uses this addon, but you can try and ask in the divingmule section I think you will get much more answers there.
Thank you for the suggestion. Divingmule's forum is a graveyard though.. Last night when I was updating to the 13.1 Gotham build I also uninstalled the OUYA 12.3 build I had and reinstalled an OUYA 12.4.1 build. So, far I haven't seen any issues. It could be because I had the 0 cache settings installed too....

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
nah the cache setting shouldn't prevent it from working. You need to post a log so we can see what it is doing. Press the link in my signature that says "start here" if you don't know how to.