Request MokoDojo TV! - Japanese IPTV

XeCuTioNR

May 2, 2016
As we know there's not alot on the side of japanese IPTV streams other than NHK World News (in English).
Can this be turned into a plugin?

http://mokodojo.net/

I know DKnight has been doing alot of international content for Kodi & a possible project for him (or anyone else).

Thannks TVAddons Community!

misty

Developer
Aug 28, 2013
I've looked at this site and can not determine how they are streaming the video. I get a possible link on several of the channels, but it won't play in either kodi or vlc. Might have to ask the live stream gurus here to take a look at this site.

XeCuTioNR

May 2, 2016
I've looked at this site and can not determine how they are streaming the video. I get a possible link on several of the channels, but it won't play in either kodi or vlc. Might have to ask the live stream gurus here to take a look at this site.
I did find a youtube video of an I assume a Japanese dev that was able to play the links in VLC & also made his own frontend of sorts for the streams. I dont know if that person has any sources or code that would be helpful.

misty

Developer
Aug 28, 2013
Not sure if you can load Chrome browser on your media device, but the only suggestion I have for viewing these streams right now is by installing Chrome Launcher add-on and adding MokoDojo as web page source. Not sure if that will work for you, but it is a solution. If you go that route, be sure to install adblocker and adfly Chrome extensions in Chrome.

An additional note: Chrome Launcher add-on does work, but is no longer maintained. The original coder AddonScriptorDE disappeared from the kodi.tv forum and dropped support for all his add-ons. Fortunately he did not delete his github content, so you can still grab Chrome Launcher.