Mouse 'right click' failure

Ratsrs

Jul 30, 2014
Hello.. I'm running XBMC on a Minix Neo X8-h box that came with 'XBMC for Minix' pre-installed. Everything operates as it should except for the 'saving to favourites' feature.

When I right click the mouse it always returns me to the previous menu, regardless of what menu I am in. Right clicking a TV show/Movie to save it will not open the prompt box.

When I ran XBMC for Windows upon the laptop, I did not have this problem.

I have tried several different mice, both wired and wireless with the same result. What am I doing wrong? All help will be gratefully appreciated... cheers to all

showgun

Dec 23, 2011
To Your Left
Go into settings and then SYSTEM/INPUT

Tell XBMC that the remote sends keyboard presses.

me
Also android remotes have a menu button... Use that instead now. If it has a keyboard on one side you can press C.

LASTLY you can install an add-on from xbmc.org repo titled keymap editor. This allows you to lrgram any button on your remote (that already works with XBMC,) TO BE ANYTHING YOU WANT. You can literally tell xbmc what button you want to use for MENU

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
As Showgun has pretty much said above, you should always bring up the context menu using 'C' instead of a right-click, which will sometimes open the context menu, but more often than not acts as a Back button :)

Ratsrs

Jul 30, 2014
Go into settings and then SYSTEM/INPUT

Tell XBMC that the remote sends keyboard presses.

me
Also android remotes have a menu button... Use that instead now. If it has a keyboard on one side you can press C.

LASTLY you can install an add-on from xbmc.org repo titled keymap editor. This allows you to lrgram any button on your remote (that already works with XBMC,) TO BE ANYTHING YOU WANT. You can literally tell xbmc what button you want to use for MENU
Thanks for your quick response. It was very helpful. I wound up using a wireless keyboard and using Ctl-C... cheers