Movies disappear after watching on SPMC / 1 Channel

captaink

Jul 12, 2016
I am new to this and have searched Google to no avail, then found this site from my Amazon jailboken box with Kodi / SPMC.

So here is my problem. I always use the 1 Channel, search movies, and watch them with no issues. But when I watch a newer movie, I can't find it again anywhere. Even if I try 123 movies, or Genises. It disappears. Even if I do an advanced search, it will not show up. I can't figure it out. I work odd hours, so when I watch a movie after work alone, my Wife can't watch it because it is gone. This doesn't happen with older movies, they simply have a check mark next to them after I have watched them. The same as TV shows. Is there something I can do to recover the movies, and also something I can do so it doesn't continue to happen? Thanks in advance.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
While on the main screen of your skin, move left either with arrows on your laptop or left with your remote. On the left there is a blade that will pull out. In there see if you have "hide watched" enabled (green). Disable it (grey).

captaink

Jul 12, 2016
Thanks. That was it. Still having some trouble finding some of the movies. Do I need to re-boot something? Or just wait for some time to pass?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It depends on what movies you are having trouble with. Some movies might just not be there to stream yet. Note that just because you see the info, thumb and fanart, doesn't mean the movie is actually there.

Give an example so we can test and see if that is the norm for us as well.

captaink

Jul 12, 2016
"The Night Before" with Seth Rogen. I watched it over a month ago on 1 channel and now when I search for it, only old movies with the same name show up.

captaink

Jul 12, 2016
Frustration sets in again.... I never was able to find "The night before" with Seth Rogan again, even with a search with the year. I disabled the hide watched as suggested. I don't use my box often, so I haven't really messed with it since my first post on the subject. But Saturday night I was feeling nostalgic, so I searched for "American Graffiti" I started watching it, then fell asleep halfway thru. When I woke up, it was at the end, so I just finished it. Sunday night I wanted to watch the full movie, so I search, and nothing. I re-checked the hide watched on the skin and it was disabled just like I left it last time. So I tried searching some movies I had already seen on my box and they were not there. I'm not talking just new releases. When I originally posted that movies were able to be found again and with a check mark next to them, I figured out I never watched them to completion, I hit the home button at the credits, so the check mark is just saying it has been viewed I guess? Any advice? Anyone else experience this? Thanks

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
The movie is marked as watched after about 75%. So even if you get to the credits and send it back to beginning, it is still marked as watched.

You're gonna have to post a log. And maybe a short video of how you are doing things would help. At least some screen shots.

Tikipeter

Apr 22, 2014
I know you said Hide Watched is off, but sometimes it is worth toggling the setting ON/OFF again. It's a quirk I've seen a few times in the past, where toggling on/off again has brought the hidden movies back.

captaink

Jul 12, 2016
Ok, I finally got it figured out. I toggled "Hide Watched" off and on several times to no avail. So I searched movies I had already watched and they didn't show up. BUT...... When the other search results were displayed (similar titled movies, different years etc..) I then hit the left button to pull up the blade with "Hide Watched" toggled on/off, and bang, my movie I had watched popped up in the search resultsd I tried this on other movies I had watched and got the same result. I appreciate all the help with this.