Movies disappearing after watching once!?

lizfisher86

Oct 29, 2016
I use Kodi on an Amazon Firestick and am super frustrated with a problem I've been having and hopefully someone can help!? I used to have a Trakt account authorized to keep track of shows and movies, but I noticed if I had a movie in my list and watched it one time, it would completely delete it from me ever being able to find it again anywhere on the stick! I have since deleted Trakt completely but am still having an issue. My son likes to watch the same movies over and over, but once he watched it once, I can not find it again on ANY of the apps. He may watch it on Ex**us, and then I can try searching Ex**us, Genesis, SA*TS, etc...and the same movie that I easily searched for and found the first time is no longer able to be found in any of them. Now I have already done the obvious by making sure the "Hide Watched" is not checked on the little side menu. I'm still learning how to use the Firestick and Kodi and everything, so I'm hoping there's some easy explanation someone can give to help me with this, because currently I want to throw it out the window it is so frustrating! TIA!

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
Just to clarify things.....

You decide to watch a film (let's say Finding Nemo). You search for it on Ex**us, you find it, you select a stream (or it starts automatically), you watch it.

The next day you decide to watch it again. You search Ex**us, Finding Nemo is not even listed any more. You try SA*TS, Genesis (not reccomended) and other add-ons. None of them have the film listed when you search for it. It's like someone has wiped every trace of Finding Nemo from every add-on search result you do.

Is that an accurate recounting of what's happening to you?

lizfisher86

Oct 29, 2016
Yes, precisely! Sorry this is my first time using this forum and I apologize if I don't use the correct terminology, I'd like to think of myself as somewhat tech savvy and can usually figure out most things with just playing around on them for a while, but the whole Kodi/firestick thing is new to me. As I said above, I did check and make sure that the "hide watched" was NOT selected in the side menu. I can't figure out why else it would hide movies after watching once. Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
You might want to consider tying Ex**us into a Trakt.com account and doing your searching and adding your stuff to Trakt collection (beware don't add to a watchlist if you want to watch in more than once)... The nice thing with doing this is most of the popular add-ons are using Trakt so your 'collection' will be available in all the add-ons and likely in new add-ons that come out in the future... Plus if you get a new box, upgrade, have a crash or what not syncing your entire 'collection' is as simple as entering your Trakt info into the new install...

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Check that you don't have "hide watched" enabled (ticked green) on the side slide out menu. That is the main cause of not finding a watched movie in ANY addons.