MP3 Streams Installation Failed

trueblueCj

May 14, 2016
I just installed this on a firestick for my brother-in-law about two weeks ago and tested and everything worked great.

Went to install on a fresh setup for myself and it now says "MP3 Streams Installation Failed."

Now, I tried this yesterday so I thought maybe April Fool's or something. But still getting the same message today.

I saw that Kinkin retired and no longer updates, so I'm wondering if its been deleted from tvaddons repo or if a link is broken or if I may need some dependency met on my W10 16.1 setup first?

Thanks for any info that may help. Also, if it is dead, I'd appreciate recs for any other music addon that may be the best substitute.

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
it is in the tvaddons repo.
i just checked and it installed fine here, but i can only assume that it failed because of a dependency, post a log file.

Last edited:

trueblueCj

May 14, 2016
Thank you for your quick reply! I persisted and was able to get it installed to 16.1, but couldn't get it to run. Ran the debugging log and by the time it was emailed, I'd decided to just go ahead and do a fresh install of 17.1 for https reasons as well. It installed on 17.1 with no trouble and works just fine. Fingers x it lasts for a good while longer.

Truly appreciative of all the time and energy all the coders and contributors put in so that others may enjoy as well. It's moot for me now, but here is the log file if anyone is curious. Looks like it couldn't find mutagen: Error Contents: No module named mutagen.easyid3. Perhaps something went wonky with the add-on download and that wasn't installed or maybe it somehow got corrupted. Happened to see mutagen enabled notification on the 17.1 system though, so all is well now. Thanks again for your quick response!

https://logs.tvaddons.co/p1wauibnu

spanky

Dec 25, 2012
yea it was failing then because it wasn't getting the import of mutagen that is required.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Music Addons 1
R Video Addons 0
L Music Addons 4