Music Box breaks Kodi 17

vmanjeff

Apr 1, 2017
Hello all! New to the form and have done a couple searches for info on this but am probably searching the wrong words...

I run Kodi 17 on a Qnap NAS under Ubuntu (16.4 I think)

I've been fighting this issue for about 2 months and wonder where I go from here.
I've installed Music box several times and this add-on (along with others!..Youtube included) breaks my Kodi. I have been unable to riddle it out and find no support on the web as of yet. It SEEMs it might be a url resolver issue but I'm just learning Ubuntu and don't quite get the methods of working the OS yet. Kidi 17 is rock stable with my local shares and Ex**us.. But it seems that when I install Music Box or MP3 Streams or YouTube or some other add ons that Kodi then gives me errors on just about every add-on. It even breaks parts of Indigo. The tools section still works but I cannot access "most popular" and depositories so I think somehow Music Box and YouTube and several others are messing with URLresolver.
This thinking is further supported but slow/sluggish/erred share access through Samba on the local drives!
Last time I tried installing Music Box I needed to wipe all add ons and start fresh. I got Kodi back to what I had before Music Box and now am really not interested in re-doing the setup again! (5th time)

The thing is...I am at a wall as to what to check next or even how to upload an error log.

Thank you for any replies!

JNRW

Oct 13, 2014
I too installed Music Box, signed up to VK.com, and it just brings Kodi to a complete standstill. I have to go to Windows Task Manager to get out of it.

I have done this too many times now and have given up totally.

As posted in a separate thread I am hoping M3P Streams is resurrected.

vmanjeff

Apr 1, 2017
Well when I was brand-new to everything I installed music box on my above set up and also on my fire TV and they worked flawlessly without problem. I do not know if it updated along the line or what else I may have done if anything but it has been broken for quite a while now

festeroni

Sep 8, 2018
In the 21's century there are a lot of tutorials online, all you need to do is to search on google how to check kodi errors logs, here are some of the working results I got: 1 - kodiguide hxxps://kodiguide.org/how-to-check-kodi-log-file-errors/"]kodi log file errors
2. kodi.pw hxxps://kodi.pw/?s=kodi+error"]Kodi errors
don't give up, kodi is a great media player

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Music Addons 0
J Music Addons 1
K Music Addons 8