MUSIC VIDEOS - Anyone know of a good working Addon that you can search with

golly gosh

Banned
Feb 8, 2013
I know concert archive's is cool, but I looked for a music addon that will only find music videos for an artist I type in. So if anyone knows of a working addon that does this, then please reply. If no good reply, then this could become a good challenge for a DEV :)

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Was trying this addon two nights ago and very few songs would play. Also, tried playing them directly using the Youtube plugin for xbmc and was the same. Will the above mentioned fix resolve the issue?

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Yeah I love the Vevo addon too but this has a lot of older stuff on it which i like too. I'll try the fix thanks.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
I had issues with stuff not playing on youtube also,and this fixed it for me as this addon uses youtube,so they both work now(unless yours is due to a different issue,it should work) :D

Let us know if it works for you

Last edited:

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Am i missing something ... I can't locate \addons\plugin.video.youtube

"plugin.video.youtube" isn't in my addons folder. Running youtube 4.4.6

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
Dont know what device you have so cant tell you where the addon folder is,but it will be there if you have it installed

pfj

Oct 31, 2012
Norn Irn
Sorted. I'm in work ATM so was just trying it on my Windows 7 PC. In case it helps anyone else the folder to copy to (for Windows 7) is located in c://users/username/appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons.

I was looking under /program files(x86)/XBMC/addons

I can confirm that the fix works 100% and will be using it on my ouya when i get home.

zemelya

Aug 6, 2015
Hello mj71,
I got this addon plays good on the Android tablet but not on my Android TV box. I can hear the music but not the video. Any idea?

zemelya

Aug 6, 2015
Maybe I am doing somethign wrong but this links points to nowhere, I can't see any fixes. I am doing something wrong?

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
You arent doing anything wrong,look at the dates of the thread its nearly 2 years old

The addon doesnt work anymore as far as im aware and the fix was for some other issue

Not sure how you have it doing anything :confused:

If somehow you have sound but not video try changing your hardware accelaration settings

This is the link for it
Code:
http://forums.tvaddons.co/general-music-addon-discussion/12846-found-addon-share.html
but no one is developing it

Have you tried binaural from kinkin?

This thread could probably be closed now as its not useful anymore

Last edited:

zemelya

Aug 6, 2015
Thank you mj71, always appreciate replies.
Well, this addon is working and I did change acceleration to a hardware. The problem is buffering. I have 3 boxes, tow of them got 72 MB Internet link speed (they have 1 GB RAM)and on these two boxes VEVO works OK for some or even most of the videos. The third box with 2 GB RAM can only get 65 MB Internet link speed( I got TWC with 15 MB per second download) and that's the worst one, every single video is buffering. I connected one of the 1 GB RAM boxes through the Ethernet but it still buffer some videos and I can get a pattern. You can have 10 videos work OK and then it stars buffering. So apparently, those 7 MB difference do the job, at lest they work better. I am searching for Music Videos addon for a while and can't find anything as close to VEVO as possible. Since he doesn't support it anymore, it is a problem. They have a website and Google Play has an app, I'll try that. Never heard of binaural, will try it, not sure if I have it. If you know any other Music Video addon, I would appreciate if you share it. I am a sucker for Music Videos. YouTube is OK but they constantly blocking videos. I should have created my own library but don't know how to do it.
Anyway, thanks again

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
The addon you are talking about in this thread is using youtube,so if you dont like youtube then you wont like it lol

The fix allowed it to work when videos were blocked,vevo was a problem but it was fixed

But im not sure how you have it working,it broke ages ago and no one develops it or where you are even downloading it from?

There is another musicvideo jukebox from the kodi repo are you not getting mixed up with that?

Are you sure you are on about the addon i put in the link above and not a different one?

Binaural is in kinkins repo (that uses youtube aswell)

Muzu tv also in spoysers repo

Last edited:

zemelya

Aug 6, 2015
Well, I guess it's a miracle(lol)!!! I'll try Jukebox and muzu tv. I mean, I like YouTube, got several playlists there, it's just they keep blocking videos.
I was talking about VEVO addon. I even installed it on ROKU but I got the cheapest ROKU and it needs 2 or 3 and I am not paying for anything anymore. So I might try to install this channel on my box from Google play, see if it works. Not sure why there are so few of these. I got it from a standard repos. One box had like 300 repos on it, the other two have supperrepo and fusion. I am pretty new at this so when I install KODI myself, I only get supperrepo and fusion. I only use 3-4 addons, SA*TS, Genesis and VEVo and that's about it, don't weatch "live" tv or sports, just movies and TV shows and music videos, you know.
Well ,thanks man, appreciate your help.

mj71

Jan 13, 2013
This isnt the vevo addon,its musicvideojukebox but it doesnt work anymore

Have a look at muzu tv in spoysers repo

Binaural from kinkin

Musicbox from techdealer

If you are installing addons from developers here,dont use some other repo,installer

Get them from the correct source here,use fusion or the addon installer

Last edited:

hemantx

Sep 9, 2015
Earth
If you are installing addons from developers here,dont use some other repo,installer

Get them from the correct source here,use fusion or the addon installer
Very great advice to follow. When I first got started with Kodi, I did the load every repo I could find deal...however, after someone started making unapproved/unauthorized changes to Addons from those Super UnOfficial repos - I made a change.

Only uses addons where the developers are (and almost all of my addons are from TVaddons!).