MX box running XBMC Gotham. Few errors and still learning the ropes

bullock106xsi

Dec 9, 2014
Hi guys recently purchased an MX android box (i`ll put the spec below)
Its running fine but it came with a very buggy version of XBMC turns out it was a quite old version. I installed XBMC Gotham think version 13.2 and have installed tv addons and a couple of others think fusion and xbmchub for other channels. However some of these are bringing script errors when im attempting to load links. I am asked to check log files for list of reasons for not loading but i havent figured out how to find these yet. Im pretty comfortable using computers so can find me way around these things pretty easily. All im asking from you cleverer folk is how to improve my box i.e is there better addons to use, what are repositorys and how important are they to my box, how can i fix these little script errors.

Im using the box to watch movies, football, formula 1 and cartoons for the kids :) hope to hear from you guys soon

Thanks in advance Paul

ps heres my boxes spec

Specifications :
Chipset : Dual Cortex A9 Processor
CPU : Cortex A9 Dual Core up to 1.5Ghz
RAM : 1GB DDR3
Storage : 6GB NAND flash
GPU : mali 400,2D/ 3D/ OpenGL ES2.0(AMD Z430)/ OpenVG1.1(AMD Z160) 27M Tri/sec
Internet : Wireless 802.11b/g/n, WAPI
Expansion : SD/SDHC card slot, up to 32GB
USB : USB 2.0 data x4, supports external hard drive up to 2TB
Support 2.4Ghz Wireless keyboard/mouse/airmouse
Audio : AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, QCP, MP3, WMA, WAV, MIDI, M4A
Video : MKV/ WMV/ ASF/ MP4/ 3GP/ 3G2M4V/ AVI/ VOB/ MJPEG/ RM/RMVB/RV10/DivX/VC-1/ MPEG-2/ MPEG-4/ H.263/ H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
Andriod APP : Play store, BBC iPlayer, Skype, QQ, PPTV, Netflix,Youtube,TV catchup,FilmON, Twitter, Facebook, AngryBird, Fruit Ninja,Office,Gmail,Browser, and lot more from play store
AV Port : HDMI, AV Composite, Optical Digitial
Power requirement : 5V 2.0A(adapter included)
CE,FCC,ROSH PASSED

bullock106xsi

Dec 9, 2014
Hi mate thanks for the reply. Those suggestions you made

"You could always try Codesnakes linux version. 13.2 stable or 14.0 Helix Beta3 on the MX Matricom forum"

Are the above mentioned versions different versions of XBMC or the tv addon system? and do you think they would cure my script errors?

Sorry if im coming across as an idiot lol

Paul

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland
Go to the banner at the top of the page and click "HELP"

Most if not all of your questions will be answered and you'll have a better understanding of how it all works ;)