Mx2 help needed

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
Hi guys, it's probably me, but I need a little help.!
I used to use an apple tv2 running frodo. A couple of months ago I purchased a matricom mx2 and to be fair it has performed very well. I decided to upgrade the current settings through the hu wizard and clicked on the matricom link to update. This caused the layout and functions to fall over. Being a bit daft I then decided to remove xbmc and I reinstalled the latest gotham rc1 release, this loaded well but I am unable to load fusion as I cannot input the web address. When I try the xbmc page loads but I cannot get the onscreen keyboard to function. Can anybody help? Should I roll back to frodo, if so how the hell do I do it, and if so which icon should I pick for the wizard, should it be the matricom one or am I better off just picking the android set up.
Sorry for the long winded post, I'm lost, and with hindsight, I wish I had left it alone, it worked great , had the hub wizard installed and worked. Now I'm stuck
Thanks guys ( in anticipation )

crzen

Aug 24, 2013
the keyboard thing happened to me whenI updated to beta 4.what I didnt realise at first was that the remote was turned off for that.
try this goto system -> system -> input devices and make sure "remote control sends keyboard presses" is turned on

satcabler68

Jan 3, 2014
if you update the mx2 to version 118 it has the correct version of xbmc and hub wizard already installed .this is what i did on my mx2 .i used the toothpick method to update with a SD card also the 118 version has "check for updates" so you do not have to manually update anymore

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for that, it worked. I'm now running rc1 with the wizard loaded. Whilst not all repo's are working yet most are and the system runs well. Thanks for your help.
I have lost the xbmc icon from the start menu any idea how to get it back, it's a pain having to go in to the system and hunt for it.

felixstowe

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks for the reply, as you can see from the above, I have now got gotham rc1 up and running. Any idea how to get the xbmc icon back on the start up as an option ( it has disappeared)
Thanks for your help