My GBox is Dead?

AndyN

Feb 16, 2014
Yesterday I installed the ACE skin on my Gbox, it worked perfectly.
Today I have fired up the box and after it has gone through the splash screen XMBC2 and GBox splash screen it displays a largely blank (black) screen. There is a horizontal grey bar at the foot of the screen displaying the date and time in what looks like a folder tab. I cannot see anything else. No menus at all. I've tried every button on the remote and with the exception of the >>I (forward to next on playlist) where it says 'no items on playlist' every other function is dead.
Help!!
Can I reset the device? How?

AndyN

Feb 16, 2014
No joy - tried the 'turn it off and on again' routine a few times. Is there a key sequence to break out to native OS?

anthony_mat

Feb 10, 2014
Yesterday I installed the ACE skin on my Gbox, it worked perfectly.
Today I have fired up the box and after it has gone through the splash screen XMBC2 and GBox splash screen it displays a largely blank (black) screen. There is a horizontal grey bar at the foot of the screen displaying the date and time in what looks like a folder tab. I cannot see anything else. No menus at all. I've tried every button on the remote and with the exception of the >>I (forward to next on playlist) where it says 'no items on playlist' every other function is dead.
Help!!
Can I reset the device? How?
It sounds like the firmware you are using is no longer working. Try reflashing the box to 1.1.6, or you can try testing out that new firmware that was released the 1.1.7. You can find the instructions for reflashing the box below:

**FROM THE MATRICOM WIKI**
In order to reflash the MX2, the user needs a few things:
An MX2
An SD Card
The latest Firmware
A toothpick, or something similar
The user will extract the latest firmware onto the SD card. So the user should have 3 files: mx2update.zip, factory_update_param.aml, and recovery.img. They will remove the SD card from their PC and insert it into their MX2. Power off the MX2 by unplugging it from the power source and then insert the toothpick into the A/V port onto the back of the MX2. Now plug the device back in and once the Matricom screen appears wait an additional 5 seconds and release the toothpick. It will now flash and will reboot once finished. For reflashing errors, refer to the Reflashing Errors.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Random Topics 16
W Kodi Support 1
J Kodi Support 6