My remote control signal is very week, I need to boost it ??

xcaret

Nov 6, 2015
My Q7 Chinese built android box and remote are working ok, but the remote often requires several pushes of the buttons before it changes screens, That's even when held inches away from the box. I cleaned everything and it still acts the same way. Do the sell universal remotes that would be more powerful? My tv has a universal remote ,but I had to have the correct code to enter into the remote. My android Q7 box is Chinese built with no info written on it .

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is likely the sensor inside the box is misaligned with the opening in the front of the box. Chinese boxes are often like that. Cheap but also cheaply built. If you google for a fix, you might find something on how to take it apart and re-align the sensor. I had to do that to one I had bought some years back. Now I stay away from Chinese crap.

Alternatively, you could use an Android phone or tablet with Yatse remote from the Play Store.

hammerjammer

Jul 28, 2015
you can also try with a wireless mouse. thats all i use. it works great until you have to type something. then it gets to be a slow process. or you could order a keyboard fly remote for these boxes. i had one of those but my fingers were too big to type on it. all you need is one usb port and your good to go.

xcaret

Nov 6, 2015
thanks for the advise , I put brand new batteries in ,instead of my rechargeable old ones , and today it seems much better.