Mygica Android TV Products

Hope42

Sep 4, 2013
B.C. Canada
As a regular viewer of everything Modi, I am curious as to why there are no threads regarding the Geniatech Mygica Android TV products.

I have been a Modi tester for a little over 18 month's, currently testing on a Matricom MX2. Well my University aged daughter came home for a visit a couple of weeks ago, tried out my box, and left home with it in tow!

So I researched hard, there are just so many new boxes to choose from. I wanted to buy a Quad core box. My MX2, although an Iron Horse, and quite bullet proof, had served me well. The only thing, Quad Core, new processing chips, and expanded memory were on my bucket list!

Well, the shopping was not easy with all of the new products out there.

I wanted anything other than FireTv, Roku, Ouya, Raspberry PI, Apple TV. Just a plain Android box. Money, although a factor, did not play into my final decision.

After many considerations, and tons of reading, I decided on the Mygica 1800e.
I know that Geniatec and the Mygica line have been around for a while, as have the Matricom boxes, however I am curious as to why there are no user reviews or questions posted in this forum.

Is it perhaps that people who have purchased Mygica's are so knowledgeable that they do not require any assistance?

Is it this forum, perhaps Geniatech products are blacklisted on this site?

Surely I am not the only person that has purchased a Mygica product, and more so, the Mygica 1800e.

Let me assure the readers and this forum/Administrator's, I am just a private tester, someone who stumbled upon XBMC when it was by that name, and know known as Modi. I neither sell, endorse, or am affiliated with any product or service!

I am just curious as to why Mygica is not talked about. Is it a horrible product line, or just not that popular?

Thanks for reading!

Eleazar Coding

Retired Moderator
Oct 10, 2013
Jerusalem, Israel
We just actually added this section yesterday after realizing that the abundance of Geniatech products out there were deserving of a section to better assist users of those products.

oyonicolas

Nov 8, 2013
I'm using two Mygica boxes at home, and guys i can gurantee you that they work 100%.
after using the box for a couple of weeks, you will see how much is stable and smooth. No complaints :)

Hope42

Sep 4, 2013
B.C. Canada
Is one of them by chance the 1800e? If so, can you elaborate a little on how it handles HD programing. As well, I am curious how it performs during fast action sporting events, like hockey telecasts, for example.

I am eagerly panting with anticipation for the day mine arrives. I ordered it online, blind so to speak, as I have not seen it in action.

From my research the spec's seemed above average, but then so was the price, which was $145.00 USD.

As previously stated, I was curious as to why there were no threads started in the Mygica section, till it was brought to my attention that it had just been added.
I was worried that perhaps it was a horrible product, and that I had made a mistake in choosing the Mygica brand.

I had been happy with my Matricom MX2, but I began to notice it's short fall when it came to playing streams in HD. It also buffered more than I wanted it to.
I had been in contact with Matricom for a couple of month's waiting and inquiring about their next Android box, which is supposed to be a Quad core box, however it's release was always being postponed. In the end I gave up waiting. I would have purchased their product again, as the MX2 was very reliable, and of excellent quality.

I realize that the Mygica 1800e was also delayed, while they made changes like adding 2 more USB ports for a total of four, and increasing the ram from 8gb to 16.
However, at least Geniatech kept potential purchasers advised of the anticipated launch date, which is far different than what Matricom is doing.

Anyway, when my 1800e arrives I will post a in depth review of my experience. Thanks again

maspik

May 5, 2014
Hi,
I have the ATV1220 with DVB tuner, JB 4.2.2 , XBMC 13.2 .
My problem is I have no reception at all on the DVB, not even with external antenna.
I was just looking in the build.prop file and found this line

#Configure the dtv standard, can only be DVB,ATSC
dtv.standard=DVBS

I don't know if it relates to my "deaf" tuner, but on the other hand I wasn't able to modify the line with build.prop editor.
What do you say?

Invincibleinc

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
I would love a good step-by-step on how to pimp my ATV1200 out. I've basically been using it with out of the box settings and using xbmc through the SPMC fork.

danrad55

Jan 23, 2013
There is a new Mygica product that I am interested in buying. The ATV586 comes with a TV tuner with dvr capabilities. To those of you that own the Mygica devices, can I side load Kodi, TVMC, etc. onto these boxes like I can on my Amazon Fire products, Ouya and Apple products? Have they proven to be reliable? I just do not want to rely on the manufacturer for the software updates. Thanks in advance.

coolbreeze

Jan 11, 2013
There is a new Mygica product that I am interested in buying. The ATV586 comes with a TV tuner with dvr capabilities. To those of you that own the Mygica devices, can I side load Kodi, TVMC, etc. onto these boxes like I can on my Amazon Fire products, Ouya and Apple products? Have they proven to be reliable? I just do not want to rely on the manufacturer for the software updates. Thanks in advance.
Geniatech/MyGica is the originator of the modern Android box. They are a well established quality conscious manufacturer with a very competent firmware development department. You will not find a more technologically advanced source for Android devices anywhere. Their build quality is top notch and many famous brands gained their reputation by rebranding Geniatech boxes. They lost a few large OEM clients when they started to aggressively market under their own brand.
If you don't mind paying the price, you are assured of a premium quality, excellent performing device with very capable, advanced firmware.

I am just an astute observer of the Android market and I have been aware of the status of Geniatech from the beginning.

pTVb

Dec 20, 2015
No need to sideload. Everything install with either Google Playstore or with the app "APK Installer". Now that Kodi is on the playstore you can update with that since the OTA from MyGica does not update Kodi fast enough.