mash2k3

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Baltimore,MD

mash2k3

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Baltimore,MD
thanks to Bstrdsmkr,he told me why the video stops every 1 min. he said that there is a "keep alive" running in the background between the server and browser to keep the video playing . i started url snooper and sniffed the network while the video is playing and you can see something called livefyre pinging every 20 second or so. he also mentioned emulating it using OnPlaybackStarted() event and stop at the OnPlaybackEnded() event. does anybody have any idea what he means

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
He would likely be talking about the xbmc player events, take a look in either 1Ch**nel or Ic*f*lms at how we do the autowatch stuff.. in 1Ch**nel I think it's broken out into a separate .py file, but the basics should be the same

Sounds like you might need to do the same idea, check for those events and run your keep alive stuff within them

Kinda vague, I know.. :)

mash2k3

Banned
Dec 21, 2012
Baltimore,MD
He would likely be talking about the xbmc player events, take a look in either 1Ch**nel or Ic*f*lms at how we do the autowatch stuff.. in 1Ch**nel I think it's broken out into a separate .py file, but the basics should be the same

Sounds like you might need to do the same idea, check for those events and run your keep alive stuff within them

Kinda vague, I know.. :)

can you point out where in your code, i looked into Myplayer() function couldnt pin point your "autowatch stuff"

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
Well you see how MyPlayer is a class and that it inherits xmbc.player ?

The functions inside are based on the xmbc player events.. this I believe is where you need to do your work

You will see onPlaybackEnded and onPlaybackStopped functions, you will need to do the same but from Bstrdmkr's advice will also need onPlaybackStarted