Navigation button on fire stick, (the circle) fast forwards TOO FAST

MasterOfMuppets

May 21, 2017
Hello everyone. Super glad to be a member. Kodi rocks!

My question:
On the recent fire stick with alexa, while using Kodi, you have only a few options for the Fast forward or ReWind function. I originally thought the navigation button (The circular bar that goes up, down, left, and right) would work great for FF, since I sometimes like to go to a particular place in a video, but when I press it, it forwards to the end of the entire video in 1 second flat.

I'd love to be able to control the speed of this navigation button in firestick.

Any ideas on how I can do that?
thanks!

M.O.M

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Have you tried just a quick tap right, left, up or down? Each quick tap should make it go in step. Up = 10 mins forward, down = 10 minutes back, right = 7 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1min, 3 min, 5 min forward for each quick steps and same for left where you go back the same amount of time as above. Don't hold the key on the remote.... only tap.

idokfire

Dec 7, 2015
Agreed with RavRob. I actually go into settings and disable the speeds I do not like, do not want. So my right press is just 30sec and my left press is just 10sec

MasterOfMuppets

May 21, 2017
You guys rock! thanks! a light tapping motion does the trick.
Still would be cool to slow the held down button down some.
I see there are control settings for how far to skip. do they affect the nav button as well as the FFand RW buttons?