Need help fixing an addon

atvbca

Apr 4, 2017
I used to love the Pluto.TV add-on that kinkin hosted but he has retired and it's no longer working. I've been attempting to track down the issue but no luck so far. My python knowledge is extremely limited though (especially regex...ugh!).

I'm guessing the regex needs to be updated but I have no idea how to do this. It's probably more than that, I'm just trying to be optimistic.. haha. Can anyone help get this excellent add-on back up and running? I would gladly buy you a few beers or make a donation!

Here's the add-on zip: hxxps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2J3pUcQoZbWTkpUMk1xaWxiOE0

Updates
---------

I found that I had to change the following line in multiple places in default.py but still no dice:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid= + video_id)
updated to
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id= + video_id)

Here's the error from the log:

01:12:04.432 T:16736 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Uberuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.plutotv\default.py", line 640, in <module>
play_channel(name,url,iconimage,True)
File "C:\Users\Uberuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.plutotv\default.py", line 149, in play_channel
channel_info = regex_from_to(link,url, url)#"premiere"
File "C:\Users\Uberuser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.plutotv\default.py", line 423, in regex_from_to
r = re.search("(?i)" + from_string + "([\S\s]+?)" + to_string, text).group(1)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Last edited:

MrMike

Apr 30, 2017
At what point you get that error? The Addon as you linked, launchs for me, but apparently some URLs it point to are missing and don't work anymore.

Example:

v1/channels.json