*** need help in updating kodi ***

hus1976

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,
I have an amazon fire tv. The Kodi app was working fine for couple of years but then most of the streams stopped working so I decided to install kodi again. I did not remove the kodi that was already there. I tried to install on top of the current version. I was not sure if I need to uninstall the old kodi version first before the new version. I followed the directions posted on this website and got the same screenshots step by step. When the installing was done, I launched Kodi, the version under settings is 17.6 but the look is the same as the old one (version 13.1 I think) amd most streams still don't work. Any help in fixing this problem would be appreciated. I am a newbie at this so step-by step instructions would help. Thank you

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
If your version of Kodi was 13.1 and the addons are as old as the version you were using, chances are the addons you are using are mostly or all dead.

Please post a log so we can troubleshoot your issue.

hus1976

Dec 1, 2016
Thanks for your message. Here is the link to log:
Kodi.log: https://pastebin.com/0Wzfpr82

I wanted to correct something in my original post. I was using the Kodi version from last year in August and not two years ago. So whatever the kodi version was from August of last year that is what I had and I tried to install the current version. Thanks for your help.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Wow!! All the addons you have installed are so old no wonder nothing is working. You are still using TVAddons.ag as your source for our addons. That was changed at least 1 1/2 years ago. You have the latest stable version of Kodi but without any working addons, you won't be able to watch anything.

Best bet would be to start fresh and re-install only a few addons that you want to use. Your box is full of defunct addons right now.

hus1976

Dec 1, 2016
So how do I go about re-installing the add-ons and deleting the old ones. Are there instructions somewhere on this site that I can follow? Thanks

Cynthia1991

Dec 5, 2018
kodi download does not automatically upgrade itself, then you can try some of the manual alternatives outlines on its website.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
kodi download does not automatically upgrade itself, then you can try some of the manual alternatives outlines on its website.
The only one that update automatically are the version on the Playstore or the MS Store. Best bet though is to manually update from Kodi.tv/download
Store versions have had issues at time and you could also get a RC version bypassing the last stable version.

hus1976

Dec 1, 2016
Best thing would be to install Indigo.
https://www.tvaddons.co/indigo-kodi-krypton/
Within Indigo, there is a maintenance section where you can start fresh. This will remove ALL addons. You will then have to re-install your addons.
Hi,

So I have indigo installed. Under maintenance tools, there is "wipe add ons". So if I use this I will lose everything then how do I go about starting again with re-installing add-ons. I need to know the steps on how to re-install addons before I wipe the old ones. Thanks for your help.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
We can help you with adding any addons that we support. Unfortunately, you will not get any help for any infringing addons but Google might be of help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Video Addons 1
P Kodi Support 3
E Underground News 0