Need new Android box for Kodi- what's the best for a Canadian? 😋

Cinbad702

Feb 2, 2017
I need to purchase a new Android tv box and I need help deciding what to purchase. i am in Canada, if that matters. i would love to hear what you guys own.
Thank you!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
I have a nVidia Shield but at $200 US, it is not cheap. If you happen to do to the US once in a while, you can go to Walmart and get a Xiomi Mi box. Very similar to the Shield but sells for $67 US. I am sure you can also order it online but not sure where. You might have to google that.
Both above will update their OS when a new one comes out. Mine is using Nougat right now. Beware of the cheap Chinese boxes that never update and are probably only good for a couple of years if you're lucky.

Cinbad702

Feb 2, 2017
Thanks for responding RavRob. I require an Ethernet cable as my wireless is too slow at times. I don't think the axioms Mi has that

syntax

Staff member
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for responding RavRob. I require an Ethernet cable as my wireless is too slow at times. I don't think the axioms Mi has that
check out the FireTv box it cost just a little more then the Mi but it does have the Ethernet and is a great device as well.

Cinbad702

Feb 2, 2017
I will check it out, thank you! I have also been reading about he Mecool M8S Pro Plus, as I believe it has an Ethernet cable. Not sure if this is a good choice or not?

vet_ca

Mar 6, 2016
I got tired of buying TV box after TV box because I couldn't upgrade the OS and hence unable to upgrade Kodi. So...I got a Raspberry Pi 3B for a fraction of the cost and it works great.

Torontopaul

Oct 11, 2017
WeTek Core, it's the best box on the market but you have to install addons yourself. I am going to start "helping" people do that once I find some cheap boxes to buy.

They sell them at Walmart now, I am real surprised. They also have a cheaper version at walmart of the Wetek Core called a WEtek Streamer but I haven't tried that one yet. I am also thinking of getting a Wetek Play2, it's a new one but it's different than a regular android box as it also replaces your cable box to watch regular tv through your cable provider like Rogers or Bell.

gianna

May 18, 2020
I′ve tried different iptv services during the last years, mainly because I am always looking for something better, and for that reason it′s difficult to say, different providers offer different alternatives. I will recommend is called IPTVATV. They provide top notch service, superior quality, no buffering, freezing and the price cannot be beat. They also have 3 days free trial to test.