Bug Need you guys to test something

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
{Fixed}Need you guys to test something

I have 2 RPI 2 and I'm having the same issue with both, I asked Blaze, but he also does not have a solution other then what I already tried to date

Those of you still using OE 5.0.8, I need you to install if you do not already have 2Movies Addon by Blaze, and let me know if you are able to get the Icon show both in the Addon settings and also as a shortcut, I keep getting a broken Icon, I have rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, have delete the Texture files and also the Thumbnails folder, and still get a broken Icon. Looking for others to test and if you have a solution please let me know as I am stumped :confused::confused:. See pic below of broken Icon.

Last edited:

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I've just tested on my Rpi2.
I get the same no icon either, the icon.png is however in the addons folder.

Deleting the textures13.db and thumbnails doesn't help in the above case.

Btw I'm running milhouse's last Isengard test build.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Openelec default resolution setting, as Openelec on the pi comes with a pre-installed advancedsettings.xml

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I've just tested on my Rpi2.
I get the same no icon either, the icon.png is however in the addons folder.

Deleting the textures13.db and thumbnails doesn't help in the above case.

Btw I'm running milhouse's last Isengard test build.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Openelec default resolution setting, as Openelec on the pi comes with a pre-installed advancedsettings.xml
Yep, I eve tried to change the Icon and save it as a JPG from the addon and reinstall and that did not work. The addon failed, my guess is because it was not signed.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
OK, one more thing I can say, it is not only a 14.2 issue, I think it is something to do with the RPI 2, because my Tablet is still on 14.2 and Icon shows fine, so I think there Invisable is correct about the OE resolution issue.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
I've just made my own icon.png it works fine.

I think the issue is as as simple as renaming the original Icon.png to icon.png

I can't try as I'm off out now, but I'd put money that the capital "I" is the issue.
If not I'll upload my edit 2movies icon.png for you to try.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
I've just made my own icon.png it works fine.

I think the issue is as as simple as renaming the original Icon.png to icon.png

I can't try as I'm off out now, but I'd put money that the capital "I" is the issue.
If not I'll upload my edit 2movies icon.png for you to try.
I agree with you, that is probably the the post I saw that had a solution for the problem, but could not find that post.

So if I unzip the addon and simply edit the Icon name as you mentioned and then install it again it should work, or is there a different process to edit it for it to install the addon, because when I tried to edit the addon earlier to a JPG and tried installing it, it said update failed, my guess was because it was not signed ??

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
OK, there must be a different way of editing, should I edit in the RPI 2, I tried editing the Zip, but once I do that and try to install it says failed.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
You can use the built in filemanager.
You have to enable show hidden files and add root filesystem as a source.

Or you could log in via ssh (putty)
And copy and paste the content of this code box below.
Code:
mv /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twomovies/Icon.png /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twomovies/icon.png

Last edited:

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Working now, I simply edited the Addon from Filezilla and it worked, did that before I saw your post, so I guess there is a bunch of different ways to skin a cat, thanks bud.

Last edited:

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
FTR, for those of you wanting to know why we had issues with the RPI 2 and the icon on 2Movies, as I mentioned it was the capitol letter, but also the main reason why is Linux is case sensitive. That's what I've been told

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
You can use the built in filemanager.
You have to enable show hidden files and add root filesystem as a source.

Or you could log in via ssh (putty)
And copy and paste the content of this code box below.
Code:
mv /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twomovies/Icon.png /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.twomovies/icon.png
When I'm at the shop, I don't have these files shown, do I have to enable Hidden files from the PC, and Do I add the Root file system as a source from the File Manager ?? and what is the process to do so, when I click t5o add root, it opens all the folders.

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
When I'm at the shop, I don't have these files shown, do I have to enable Hidden files from the PC, and Do I add the Root file system as a source from the File Manager ?? and what is the process to do so, when I click t5o add root, it opens all the folders.
You enable it in Kodi.
See step 7 of this thread to add root filesystem as a source.
http://forums.tvaddons.co/showthread.php?t=24769
Once you have done this you can navigate to files ,copy, rename,move etc.
Just bring context menu over the file for options.

Last edited:

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
You enable it in Kodi.
Got it, I'll do this when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

I didn't have to do this on the unit I have at home and was able to edit the file, but I know why now, that was because here at home I used Filezilla and was able to access all files. Thanks for the info, great to know and will test it tomorrow. ;)

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Just curious, once this is all done, is a reboot required from the Pi, I did all you said and opened from Explorer and those files are not showing, I'll reboot but just curious.

Filezilla I never had an issue, that's probably when we login it, we are logging into the root directory

goonierag

Jul 30, 2014
you know this might be a stupid answer but you guys ever think maybe the spacebar was accidentally hit after the typing,won't show up as an error and won't see it but if was still need it in the icon name.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
you know this might be a stupid answer but you guys ever think maybe the spacebar was accidentally hit after the typing,won't show up as an error and won't see it but if was still need it in the icon name.
Nope it is definitely the Cap

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
You enable it in Kodi.
I'm assuming you mean I can navigate through File Navigator in RPI 2 to edit and explore root, and not in Windows explorer, as it still does not show in Windows Explorer, I can navigate and edit in FileZilla.

DJB

Nov 2, 2014
Anyone know what this icon that comes and goes every 10 seconds, right below the time, it only happens on my RPI 2 at the shop

Last edited:

invisable

Feb 23, 2013
UK
Yes mate it's the undervoltage symbol. It means your power supply isn't giving enough voltage to the pi, your pi is getting less then 4.65 volts for that icon to show.

If you already have a 5volt 2amp power supply you could try (if possible) using a shorter or thicker USB lead which will result in less volt drop.

Unfortunately PSU's have a tolerance of 5% when they are manufactured so your psu could be giving out 4.75v instead of the required 5 sometimes you get lucky and you may get a PSU that gives out 5.25 volts.

Anyway check here for more info.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82373

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Amazon Fire TV 0
B Video Addons 3
F Kodi Support 1