Need your advice on how to watch TV

Q5485

Jul 27, 2013
I know, I know, this sounds like a stupid question, but trust me, it is NOT.

I have been accessing XBMC and now Kodi through my Ouya. I h ave Helix on it (version 14.2) but cannot upgrade to Isengard because I have to root my ouya, and I am afraid I will screw it up. In addition, the directions to rooting Ouya are not very clear.

Anyway, here is my main issue. I l have favorite shows that I like to watch on a regular basis (such as Elementary, Scandal, 2 broke girls, John Oliver's, etc etc). I have created accounts on sidereel and trakt.tv where I list my favorites.
Now, I just want to watch those shows only. But when I open any addon (Genesis, 1Ch**nel, cliq or Entertainment Hub) it gives me the "latest episodes" but it gives latest episodes of all shows or shows I don't care about. is it possible to get an add on that I can customize to list ONLY my favorite shows. That add on can be tied to my sidereel account on trakt tv account.
In Genesis, I encounter buffering of all my recent favorite shows, and I would like to select another alternative source to view my latest shows. How do you deal with such buffering, and with shows you have no interest? Remember, i am only interested in the latest episodes of maybe 10-15 shows.

Finally, I would like to watch US based CNBC channel during the day. But when go through live streams of US based channels, I rarely see it listed. Do you know which streaming service I should use to get US based CNBC? I like Gorilla streams but they dont have the CNBC channel.

Many thanks for responding to this question.
Kash

waspish

May 17, 2012
Can't you just add the tv show ms you like to favourites then go to favourites to access them?

Q5485

Jul 27, 2013
I dont know what you mean. Where do I find the list of tv shows that I can "favorite"?

waspish

May 17, 2012
When you go in to Genesis click on tv show either search for your tv show or click one of the links like popular, you'll have a list of tv shows go to one and press the button on your controller that brings up a menu that gives you the option to save to favourites. If you do that those tv shows will save to favourite tv in my Genesis

Last edited:

j.bond

Nov 17, 2012
Just to add to waspish post, after you select a show that you like and add to your favorite on Genesis, the list will look like this;

• Movies
  • TV Shows
  • Channels
  • My Genesis
  • Latest Movies
  • Latest Episodes
  • TV Calendar
  • Tools
  • Search

When you click "My Genesis" Trakt info should be there, scroll to bottom of list, Favorite TV Inside you will find all the shows you have added to your favorites.

Q5485

Jul 27, 2013
Thank you J-bond and waspish for your helpful suggestions. One last question: How do I get to watch CNBC (USA) in live streams? That is, which add-on/live stream will give me that channel? I have gone through several live streams sources but cant find one that shows CNBC and one that actually works. Many thanks!

Rkooter

Jun 30, 2013
I understand you like genesis, but have you tried SA*TS yet? You can direct SA*TS to access trakt and it provide a my collection link when you access tv shows.

motorod

Jun 20, 2015
There are also CBSN Live News and Al Jazeera add-ons that might satisfy your cravings for news.

Q5485

Jul 27, 2013
Guys I am back with my original question about CNBC. I used to watch it using Woody's on Pho*nix. But it doesnt have CNBC on it. then I tried Cas**way==>tvone1.com and it does have cnbc but it freezes and crashes after some time. Then I tried Live Mix. It does work for some time but then it crashes. The only one that worked continuously was TV Time add on but that is no longer working. Can you please recommend a way to watch CNBC from 630 a.m. PST to 2 p.m. PST? I just dont want to pay subscription fees to watch it. Thanks
Kash

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Kodi Support 5
R Kodi Support 0
D Kodi Support 5