Netflix for non-touchscreen devices.

IAmBill

Sep 20, 2015
I've done some pretty significant searching on the topic and it seems to have left bleak expectations of an answer, but I figured I'd start a topic to see if I can get an up to date response which, with a little luck, might be positive...

Is anyone aware of any working builds of the netflix app for android that support remote controls? I'm looking to get and M8S android box but as I understand it, the netflix installed requires an airmouse to use. This is less than ideal. I also understand that people have been unable to extract successfully the apk from the FireTV as that version relies on some cryptography packages embedded in the device. So is there anything else out there that I'm not aware of? Has anyone got Netflix up and running on one of these Android boxes that work perfectly fine with a remote?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm also aware of options of using things like PlayOn or Plex bookmarklets, etc, etc... I'm hoping for something a bit more complete on the device that doesn't require a screen capture.

Last edited:

bigdogeh

May 6, 2012
I have netflix on my ouya... not sure which version. seems to work fine with just the gaming controller which is similar to a regular remote in function I would think. I added it as an .apk and it shows up along with my kodi icon, filepwn icon, etc under play.

IAmBill

Sep 20, 2015
Is this the netflix that was downloaded from the regular Google Play store? If not, would it be too much of a bother to ask if you could point me in the direction of the .apk that you installed?

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it here. Sorry if external linking is not welcome here.