New ATV2 Scripting Errors for all addons

pete146

Nov 17, 2013
Hi All

I'm new here and would really appreciate some help.

I just bought a jailbroken atv2, running frodo. It has been working fine - I've been watching movies on my ext hard drive, and content from add ons.

Tonight, when I accesses XBMC I got the message 'Error, Script Failed! Service.py' This happens every time I enter XBMC

I am unable to open ANY add ons. When I try to access any of them, I receive a script error. E.G. 'Error, Script Failed! plugin.video.****'

I have uninstalled loads of them, I have searched the internet for 3 hours with conflicting results - but have basically done everything mentioned anywhere!

I've managed to get a debug log and uploaded it here http://pastebin.com/6QxUYL4C

Can anybody please point me in the right direction? Also, could you tell me how to prevent this happening again?

Many thanks

pete146

Nov 17, 2013
Is nobody able to help with this?

If not, then what would be the best way for me to reinstall XBMC without any risk of losing my jailbreak?

Thanks

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
It seems your missing some core modules for some reason. The easiest way to re-install your setup would be to run the fresh start add-on available in fusion (found under Hub Wizard). It will re-configure your setup to the stock XBMC. Note: You will loose your entire setup.If your in a rush to fix this issue you can go ahead and do that although I am sure one of the experts here will come in this thread shortly and tell you exactly how to fix your issues without re-configuring.

pete146

Nov 17, 2013
Thanks for the help. I ran the fresh start add on and everything working great again

iRoNBiLL

Banned
Aug 4, 2012
Las Vegas, NV U.S.A.
It seems your missing some core modules for some reason. The easiest way to re-install your setup would be to run the fresh start add-on available in fusion (found under Hub Wizard). It will re-configure your setup to the stock XBMC. Note: You will loose your entire setup.If your in a rush to fix this issue you can go ahead and do that although I am sure one of the experts here will come in this thread shortly and tell you exactly how to fix your issues without re-configuring.
When in doubt, reinstall! Great advice my friend! :D

iRoNBiLL