New fire tv

domelogic

Jul 29, 2016
I just purchased a few new fire tv. When I try to install Kodi in downloader I get this message: an unknown error has occurred. Check your url and connection.

Any idea why I am getting this? I also bought a couple of fire sticks and had no issues. I am following the instructions from the site and had no problems with older fire TVs when I did those.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
You can't install Kodi that way. You need to sideload it using ADBFire or something similar. That software installs on your PC and you use it to sideload Kodi to your Fire device (TV or Stick).

domelogic

Jul 29, 2016
Thanks for the info. I actually did the downloader way for 3 older Fire tv’s and actually got one of the newer fire tv’s to load last night. It took about 20 tries before it downloaded but the other way might be easier and quicker. I will try it. Btw was adb the old way to do it before downloader? I kind of remember that from 2-3 years ago

DarkSky

Apr 1, 2016
I just purchased a few new fire tv. When I try to install Kodi in downloader I get this message: an unknown error has occurred. Check your url and connection.

Any idea why I am getting this? I also bought a couple of fire sticks and had no issues. I am following the instructions from the site and had no problems with older fire TVs when I did those.
maybe the url is broken
try another url