New krypton 17.3 not working on fire stick

Jslee75

May 28, 2017
I've deleted and reinstalled a few times. Even restored fire stick. Kodi goes to load and nada! Just a black screen. Help!!!???

Cattleman

May 27, 2017
Arkansas
If you are using an older tube type HDTV like me, I don't believe it will work. I have the same problem but when I plug the firestick into my LED/LCD HDTV, the same firestick works fine on the newer TV. I re-installed 16.1 for use on the old tube type TV. and it now works fine. Except I am worried about using the old 16.1 and getting hacked. By the way I am using a Generation 1 Firestick. I also have the same problem when I try to use my Fire TV Box which has 17.3 on this older tube type 65 inch HDTV.

I guess that the new Krypton software code does Not support older tube type HDTV. I have heard that if I tried to use 17.3 with my computer, I would need to buy a new graphics card because the new code does not support old graphics.

Monj

Feb 2, 2017
If your not using subtitles I don't think hacking would be a problem with 16.1.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
I have heard that if I tried to use 17.3 with my computer, I would need to buy a new graphics card because the new code does not support old graphics.
LOL, who makes up and spreads this hyperbole nonsense? Let me guess some click bait Youtube channel?

Support for Vista in ending with Kodi 18, but if you update your Vista PC to Windows 7, 8 or 10 or Linux you can keep plugging along with that vintage hardware for years to come, albeit it's probably going to be slow...

Last edited:

swhxd06

May 29, 2017
I too cannot load the new version. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I typed in the web address on 'Downloader' and pressed 'Go', I got a message stating that it was an unauthorised site (and yes I made sure of my settings before trying this). No Kodi now:eek:

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
I too cannot load the new version. I followed the instructions to the letter, but when I typed in the web address on 'Downloader' and pressed 'Go', I got a message stating that it was an unauthorised site (and yes I made sure of my settings before trying this). No Kodi now:eek:
What instructions? What web address? If you mean the fusion URL, then

Follow steps 1-5 on this link https://www.tvaddons.co/fusion-kodi-krypton/

If you mean some other URL or instructions, please elaborate more and fully...

Last edited:

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
If your not using subtitles I don't think hacking would be a problem with 16.1.
Where are you getting your info from Monj ? That would save me a lot of messing about as i have not long updated to 17.1 and i never use subtitles , Thanks.

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Where are you getting your info from Monj ? That would save me a lot of messing about as i have not long updated to 17.1 and i never use subtitles , Thanks.
The exploit that was patched was related to subtitles, if you don't use subtitles then you don't have to worry about the exploit... The exact details of the exploit were not made public, the research group only shared those details with the developers of the software that was affected... But, do note that if you are on 17.1 there is little reason to not upgrade to the most resent 17.3 release as it fixed a few other bugs as well...

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks for the reply Meep , i will update to 17.3 if it fixes other bugs, i use a firestick so i will have to reinstall all my addons . after wiping the stick. pain in the butt.

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
Sorry RavRob have not got a clue what you are suggesting, i am using a firestick dose it have a drop box? and how do i back up the user data ? and then get it back on with a new version of kodi ? sorry for my ignorance.

searchit

Oct 24, 2016
just clicked on the titles how to back up configuration , from what i can grasp i can use indigo tool for the task, but where can i save the backup as i am using a firestick on the tv, is this feature just for computer users.?

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Dropbox is a cloud storage. If you don't know what it is, you likely don't have it. As for getting your userdata, you will do this from within Android, not in Kodi.
Use ES Explorer or similar file manager. In that file manager you will need to enable "view hidden files and folder". You will then navigate to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/
Copy the complete userdata folder to a network location. You could also just move it somewhere else on the device if you have the room. Firestick don't have a lot of storage but you might have enough to just move it.

Frederick_99

Sep 18, 2012
UK
Dropbox is a cloud storage. If you don't know what it is, you likely don't have it. As for getting your userdata, you will do this from within Android, not in Kodi.
Use ES Explorer or similar file manager. In that file manager you will need to enable "view hidden files and folder". You will then navigate to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/
Copy the complete userdata folder to a network location. You could also just move it somewhere else on the device if you have the room. Firestick don't have a lot of storage but you might have enough to just move it.
unless he has a bloated build there shouldn't be any problem using the kodi backup addon and creating a single zip backup file that can be saved on the firestick...may be an idea to delete thumbnails and cache prior to backup