New "no sound" problem

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
I've never had this before. The sound settings are fine on my android box. It 'clicks' away pre-Kodi launch when I move about the screen and I've checked the media sound settings are fine (sometimes they end up randomly muted - which is the usual reason I don't have sound).

When I launch Kodi - no sound - no 'clicks'. This is what is new:
At the top right, just next to the time, is a red speaker icon (the icon that indicates 'volume'). I'm sure this is warning me there is no sound as I haven't seen it before. I've been to System > Settings but can't find anything obvious that's linked to the audio within Kodi and what audio settings I could find are are working (ie not muted or turned off).

Ideas?

JackieO

Apr 13, 2015
NEW FIX!!!

I had this problem occur again and it didn't go away when I did the fixes above. I Googled and just got the same resposnes: turn the volume up or hit F8 and so was stuck. Shit!

It turns out that it's not Kodi or the box that needs the volume fixed but the remote. I've got one of those kidney-shaped handheld keyboard/mouse remotes and no amount of using the volume buttons or manipulating the Kodi volume helped. You have to press the '+' symbol (on these keyboards it's neear the space bar).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Home Theater 1
H Kodi Support 8
R Kodi Support 2