New older guy

technotard

Nov 8, 2015
As I approach my 60th birthday I find the technology a bit more challenging as the years pass. I have been running OpenELEC on a RasPI but got tired of the slow performance so I bought a G-box Q. I then ran the config wizard on it to get a baseline of add-ons which I will tweak as I figure out what each one does. I'm mostly interested in movies and the only sports would be the Grand Tours in cycling. As I dig deeper into the system I'm sure I'll need lots of help.

Dave!

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
Welcome. I'm 67 and have been having a great time stimulating my old brain with all this new stuff I'm learning.

Imo, Best ADDONS for new movies are Genesis and SA*TS. Old classic films and documentaries are U* T*rks and Pho*nix.

technotard

Nov 8, 2015
Welcome. I'm 67 and have been having a great time stimulating my old brain with all this new stuff I'm learning.

Imo, Best ADDONS for new movies are Genesis and SA*TS. Old classic films and documentaries are U* T*rks and Pho*nix.
Thanks, I'll check out those addons.

Highcroft

Jun 2, 2015
Good choice of box, had the Gbox Q for a couple of months now and not had any probs at all, brill piece of kit, unfortunately decided to go for a cheaper box for the bedroom, well it works, but should've paid the extra and got another G box Q, as the saying goes you get what you pay for