New to tvaddons and xbmc in general! But what is exactly TV Addons?

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
So i followed this random guys youtube tutorial on adding applications to xbmc, i think it was some fusion repo or somthing and after the installation my entire xbmc app was transformed to my surprise. The background and logo changed and the logo was similiar to the one on this website called TVaddons and it said config wizard addition. It also came with some addons preloaded that worked off the bat and i was amused. That being said i was curious to check out tvaddons and find out more about the name and then i made my way here to this forum.

So quick questions here what exactly did i just do?

is tvaddons a company? a group of people that made a modded edition of xbmc with add ons pre loaded?
is tvaddons an official extension of xbmc?

i'm just trying to take in as much info as possible thanks guys!

jokster

Staff member
Jan 3, 2013
Tír na nÓg
The wizard just installs a few things to make life simple (handy if your new to all this) and get you going.
Tvaddons is a community of like minded people and devs.
Its not official in so much as we have nothing to do with kodi.TV (that's where xbmc/kodi is developed). But in saying that this is where the safest (I would say best too) addon are developed and supported.
TVMC was developed here though. This is a version of xbmc with addons and tweaks built in, so one install and you're good to go.
Hope this helps a bit.

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
The wizard just installs a few things to make life simple (handy if your new to all this) and get you going.
Tvaddons is a community of like minded people and devs.
Its not official in so much as we have nothing to do with kodi.TV (that's where xbmc/kodi is developed). But in saying that this is where the safest (I would say best too) addon are developed and supported.
TVMC was developed here though. This is a version of xbmc with addons and tweaks built in, so one install and you're good to go.
Hope this helps a bit.
yeah this really does help a lot one quick thing i want to ask though is how come it didn't come preloaded with Spo*ts De*il and *******? those are the only ones im missing and i tried using some ****** repo to get ******* and this incompatible thing comes up
you have any clue as to what i can do to fix this? other than that loving the addons tvaddons came with already its sweet.

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
It is best to stay away from anything not supported by this forum. Other forums have ads and Google analitics in their addon. This forum does not. The addon highlighted in your pic is not supported here.

GrimeySkillz

Dec 9, 2014
It is best to stay away from anything not supported by this forum. Other forums have ads and Google analitics in their addon. This forum does not. The addon highlighted in your pic is not supported here.
oh i see so that means no matter what i do it won't run on the config wizard custom xbmc build that tvaddons provides?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
You're asking all about Pepsi in a coca cola forum.

Why won't anyone answer me?

Go to A ford dealer and tell them you want to buy a chevy, then take a look at the expession on his face, same thing.