new to xbmc and need help installing onto Amazon Fire TV

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
As the title says I am new to xmbc and just picked up an Amazon Fire TV. I was in the process of trying to install following the directions as stated here: http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-install-xbmc-to-the-amazon-fire-tv-from-a-windows-computer/

When I get to step 12 and after I have entered my IP address gathered from Step 5 I keep getting the error message "Windows cannot find 'adb". Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could walk me through what is wrong so that I can get xmbc installed on my Amazon Fire TV and begin learning about everything xmbc has to offer.

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Re read step 9. I would guess you did not place it into the right folder/directory for it to fin the adb commands.
I did. It was in the XBMC subfolder. Same result and error message. Do I also need to click on the "X86" link from step 8 or just the "ARM" link.

Not sure if it matters but I am not seeing all the icons the picture shows on Step 9

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Thank you. I was able to add it through an android tablet. Can you also help me with installation of Ic*f*lms and 1 Channel?
Being new I recommend installing xbmchub wizard....I still use it just to save me time and delete what I don't need after

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Thank you. I had found the wizard file. Just didn't know to go to programs after that. If I see 1 Channel at the bottom of the screen I assume that means it is installed. is that correct?

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Thank you. I had found the wizard file. Just didn't know to go to programs after that. If I see 1 Channel at the bottom of the screen I assume that means it is installed. is that correct?
Yup and there are a bunch more in the add-ons section under programs....even more if you look into other forums.....this forum is best by far but there are a few apps that I love from other places

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
Yup and there are a bunch more in the add-ons section under programs....even more if you look into other forums.....this forum is best by far but there are a few apps that I love from other places
Thanks again. I have it configured on my windows computer but for some reason when I go in on the Amazon Fire TV to add fusion as outlined the remote doesn't let me enter what I need to enter. I see a blinking cursor with a keyboard below it but can't use it.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
Thanks again. I have it configured on my windows computer but for some reason when I go in on the Amazon Fire TV to add fusion as outlined the remote doesn't let me enter what I need to enter. I see a blinking cursor with a keyboard below it but can't use it.
2 fixes for that...one I prefer is wireless keyboard....other is in your settings to allow controller to input keyboard.....forget exactly where that is in settings

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
2 fixes for that...one I prefer is wireless keyboard....other is in your settings to allow controller to input keyboard.....forget exactly where that is in settings
well crap. I can't find it in settings. I have a wireless keyboard, but how do you set it up to use on that particular portion of the xbmc setup?