New to XMBC - Am I doing something wrong?

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Hi all,

I am creating this thread as unfortuantely havent been able to find what I have been looking for whilst searcing all of the others on here.
That said, it seems quite a few people appear to be having the same issues and I have been impressed by the willingness to help others.

So here goes...
I've had jailbroken iPhones and iPads in the past but this week my first Apple TV landed (already jailbroken).
After spending many late nights googling and following YouTube tutorials, i'm still having issues with various plugins and streams :(

I have primarily bought the ATV to watch live sport streams and movies however I can see that there is so much more to offer.

1) Unfortunately nothing on my Spor**dev*l appears to work (No Stream Available error message).
2) Last night I installed the XMBC Hub Wizard which provided me with lots of different plugins.
When I go into these, nothing shows in the lists (i.e. Channels / Movies) and on the ones that do show, when I try to
play the links, I receive 'Plugin failed / stream not found' type error messages and a big red X is displayed).

Is it worth following the 'Reset XBMC to a Clean State and Super Configure It with the New Wizard Addon in 5 Minutes' tutorial on here -( http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/10/05/recommended-reset-xbmc-to-a-clean-state-and-super-configure-it-with-the-new-wizard-addon-in-5-minutes/ )

3) Does the XMBC Hub Wizard update automatically and fix issues to plugins when they are available?

Nothing on Ic*f*lms / 1 Channel / Spor**dev*l / N*vi X wants to work.
The only streams I have been able to find that work are some on MASH.

Apologies for sounding like a total novice but I suppose everybody has to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

joe2jacks

Nov 2, 2012
I would recommend doing the clean slate and restore just follow the instructions in the link you posted and I believe that should sort the issue, if you still have issues following this then repost with a log file and help will be forthcoming

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm very grateful.
I shall do this later tonight and see what happens.

I'll report back with the outcome...

Cheers

s4m

Jan 4, 2014
hi R17JPD

just a guessed but I noticed your location is in the UK and apparently 1Ch**nel is blocked in your country, after you follow joe2jacks advice, if your still having trouble viewing, it may mean you need to instal 1Ch**nelproxifier plugin which will allow you to view the content..

I have a vpn installed and if i cant use a plugin I have tried using my vpn to allow me. eg: i have a few that only allow you to view in the USA so I use my vpn to allow me.. only pain is going in and out of xbmc every time I want to view something thats blocked lol..

maybe give that plugin a try hope it helps...

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Hi s4m

Thanks for the reply.
I have noticed a few links state (US only) and wondered if there was a way of getting round them! :)

Hi bracky1
Thank you.
This is all very new to me but I will follow the instructions you have provided on the link and see where I get.
Will this work just for 1Ch**nel or will it also work for other links that are blocked in the UK?

--- --- --- ---

Also, Unfortunately I did not carry out the jailbreak myself and I get abit stuck when following instructions that ask you to move files around on your desktop pc / laptop - and then install them from zip on your Apple TV.
Is there a way I can link my PC / Laptop with my Apple TV so they communicate with each other?

Much appreciated!

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland
The link I provided is just for 1Ch**nel if you follow the instructions.
You can use it for other addons by editing the files the instructions tell you to download.
I believe, somewhere in the thread, is a set of pre-edited files for Project Free TV (or they may be in the PFTV section of the forum) but they are on the forum somewhere :)

I should also say that I have had a few issues with x10 getting bot checks and not working but no issues with 000webhosting. I would advise you to make 2 proxy's in case one goes down.

Last edited:

s4m

Jan 4, 2014
Also, Unfortunately I did not carry out the jailbreak myself and I get abit stuck when following instructions that ask you to move files around on your desktop pc / laptop - and then install them from zip on your Apple TV.
Is there a way I can link my PC / Laptop with my Apple TV so they communicate with each other?

Much appreciated!
a simple way would be to use an ftp such as filezilla, connect to your atv and transfer them with drag n drop..
this link below will show you how, it looks like this guide is using a macOSX but its pretty much the same process..
http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2012/04/24/uploading-and-installing-addons-from-zip-file-to-apple-tv-2/

if your looking to re-jailbreak your appletv i should be able to help you out with that too... :)

FXB78

Aug 18, 2013
If I were you (I'm also in the UK), I'd forget 1Ch**nel and look at lambda's excellent addons - GoTV & Yify Movies once you've done the fresh start. 1Ch**nel just seems more hassle than it's worth. Also for sports, Footy Report is worth a look, this is a paid service but very reliable, however I don't know if they are still taking subscriptions. There's a thread on the Sports section.

Also, these addons are available from Fusion to save you the hassle of FTP'ing files etc, you can just add Fusion as a Source in XBMC, I'm sure there's a guide somewhere if you don't know how to do this :)

Last edited:

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Okie doke...
I have just made Xbmc fresh however none of the movie plug in's are showing anything in the lists.
They're all blank.
Any ideas what this might be?

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Tried that too and have just run the wizard again to see if that worked... Still no luck :(
Nothing seems to work right on mine!

Ahhh!
Thanks Chris

R17JPD

Jan 8, 2014
UK
Sorry Chris, my bad!

I worded my last response as if I had resolved the issue. I havent :(
After starting XBMC from fresh (wipe clean), then re-installing the wizard etc, all of the add-ons have empty lists.
(e.g Movies / TV shows > Most Popular > Empty...)

This is happening on every add-on.

I have followed the guides on here so everything should be as it is meant to be.
Do you think it would be worth removing and re-installing the fusion repo? Or maybe something else.

Thanks for everybody's help so far - exceptional!

bracky1

Aug 15, 2013
Scotland
Force refresh any repo that's showing as empty.

To do this go System>settings>addons>get addons, highlight the repo in question and bring up the context menu, click on force refresh and wait a minute or two.
When you go back in to the repo it should be populated and you can choose and install your addons.