Newbie Question about UrlResolver

jaycee836

Oct 12, 2013
Hi all, sorry for the newbie question, but i'm just getting started with XBMC.

What do i need to do to make sure i have the latest version of urlresolver? I notice that in github, there are plugins that have been updated 4 days ago, that still aren't working on my XBMC. Leading me to believe i don't have these fixes.

Should i copy these plugins over manually or is there a way to force a refresh of them all at once?

I am running a Gotham nightly.

Thanks for any help.

Liam

Banned
Aug 21, 2013
Liverpool
The only way to be sure you have the most upto date version of any plugin is to have te repo installed that it came from. As the developer of URL resolver is no longer apart of the great team here I can not speak about it no longer

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
@jaycee846 - when fixes come into github we don't push them out to users automatically, some testing needs to be done to ensure what's been done is correct and doesn't crash all of our users.. and then of course the new version needs to be sent to the xbmc.org repo.. whole process usually takes almost a week

@Liam... what? URLResolver is hosted on my github

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
He shouldn't be doing something stupid like putting it in his repo, it gets submitted to xbmc.org repo

Hopefully he's not doing things he shouldn't be to his repo version

Edit - I just checked his repo, don't see it there.. maybe you mistook his urlinstaller module?

Last edited:

o2ri

Jul 24, 2013
i tried to delete urlresolver library from xbmc/addons in order to understand how it works.
i expected it to re -Download as the xml requires it in some addons but it didn't ,

also couldnt find manual download for it from xbmc.org repo anywhere.

what am i missing ?

Eldorado

Staff member
May 7, 2012
I don't think xbmc will auto download missing modules if you just delete the folder, maybe if you delete the addons db as well, then restart xbmc

You won't find script modules like this one shown anywhere in xbmc, I keep meaning to post up a feature request to their dev's to see if they could add it.. a bit odd that we don't see them, especially for scripts that can be configured

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Kodi Support 6
A Welcome Centre 14
B Welcome Centre 2