News addons

thom

Sep 5, 2015
I want to run this by you, you may or may not be interested.

There are a lot of news channels that are are available on the app store and Google play that would be nice to have addons for. These have been available on Kodi in the past. I presume they would be legal since they are available as apps.

I thought you might look into putting together a News addon with as many news channels in one place as possible.

Here are some interesting channels,Press TV-Iran,CTGN (formerly CCTC News) China,ENCA-Africia, i24-Israel, ChannelNews Asia-Singapore, and BBC World although this is a pay channel on cable systems and may not be possible.

Anyway just a thought.

Thanks,
Thom

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev

There are a lot of news channels that are are available on the app store and Google play that would be nice to have addons for. These have been available on Kodi in the past. I presume they would be legal since they are available as apps.

I thought you might look into putting together a News addon with as many news channels in one place as possible.

Here are some interesting channels,Press TV-Iran,CTGN (formerly CCTC News) China,ENCA-Africia, i24-Israel, ChannelNews Asia-Singapore, and BBC World although this is a pay channel on cable systems and may not be possible.

Anyway just a thought.

Thanks,
Thom
I might eventually consider creating an "all in one" News addon. Right now my plate is pretty full though. I have just updated the Newsy addon to have more options and be a bit more robust.

Thanks

Aug 1, 2017
I am close to releasing a news add-on myself. It's initial focus will be on American local news networks, but I plan to add international live news, too. It will be released early next week.

mhancoc7

m7
Staff member
Aug 2, 2015
m7kodi.dev
I am close to releasing a news add-on myself. It's initial focus will be on American local news networks, but I plan to add international live news, too. It will be released early next week.
That's right I remember you mentioning that. Really cool stuff. Glad you have that covered! Could probably add Newsy to yours as well.

thom

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks to both of you guys,a news addon with most channels in one place would be neat.

BludhavenGrayson I look forward to your addon next week

thom

Sep 5, 2015

Anyway just a thought.

Thanks,
Thom
Mhancoc7,

Since Bludhaven didn't make a news addon it would be great if you did. Interested?

The above channels are just a few I'm sure there are more.