NFL Game Pass

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013
Can someone clarify whether live NFL game viewing is available?

Although the github plug-in clearly indicates that Live NFL is available with Gotham, the Game Pass site seems to indicate that nothing is live.
An update from my previous post. I can confirm that the live streaming does work! Watching Panther/Bills as we speak. I first installed it on Frodo and it didn't work. I then upgraded to Gotham and got everything to work except the live streams. Today I uninstalled the addon from within XBMC, then I went into the XBMC addon folder and deleted everything relating to the gamepass I could find, including the packages compressed file. Then downloaded the latest release from the github. Started up XBMC and installed from zip. After the addon was enabled, went to addon settings, entered login information and it's working great.

Remember in order to access the streams you'll need to have an IP address that's outside of the US. I use a VPN for that. You'll also need a VPN to sign up for gamepass on the website. Gamepass is for non US locations only, so If you're trying to get this to work with a US IP, you won't be able to even sign up. The gamepass site checks where your accessing the website from then shows you the plans available for your location

Last edited:

owestyo

Oct 24, 2013
An update from my previous post. I can confirm that the live streaming does work! I first installed it on Frodo and it didn't work. I then upgraded to Gotham and got everything to work except the live streams. Today I uninstalled the addon from within XBMC, then I went into the XBMC addon folder and deleted everything relating to the streampass I could find, including the packages compressed file. Started up XBMC and entered login information and it's working great.

To access the streams you'll need to have an IP address that's outside of the US. I use a VPN for that.
So just input your GP user and PW?

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
An update from my previous post. I can confirm that the live streaming does work! Watching Panther/Bills as we speak. I first installed it on Frodo and it didn't work. I then upgraded to Gotham and got everything to work except the live streams. Today I uninstalled the addon from within XBMC, then I went into the XBMC addon folder and deleted everything relating to the gamepass I could find, including the packages compressed file. Then downloaded the latest release from the github. Started up XBMC and installed from zip. After the addon was enabled, went to addon settings, entered login information and it's working great.

Remember in order to access the streams you'll need to have an IP address that's outside of the US. I use a VPN for that. You'll also need a VPN to sign up for gamepass on the website. Gamepass is for non US locations only, so If you're trying to get this to work with a US IP, you won't be able to even sign up. The gamepass site checks where your accessing the website from then shows you the plans available for your location
So manyquestions, sorry inadvance. What VPN are you using? Areyou connecting to the vpn through xbmc or directly with your computer? (I want this to work on my fire tv) how did you pay for it? (I have u.s. address on credit card so don't know if that will screw it up.) How is the quality? Hd?
Thanks

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013
So manyquestions, sorry inadvance. What VPN are you using? Areyou connecting to the vpn through xbmc or directly with your computer? (I want this to work on my fire tv) how did you pay for it? (I have u.s. address on credit card so don't know if that will screw it up.) How is the quality? Hd?
Thanks
-VPN=Privateinternetaccess
-When you start the VPN on your computer, any program accessing the internet from the computer is behind the VPN, including XBMC
-Once you install the VPN and it's activated. go to the gamepass website. Depending on what country your VPN is using, you'll get a page offering you the options to join. Apparently different countries have different costs, so you might want to change locations a couple times to see what offers you get. Google gamepass discount codes too before signing up. You might be able to save a few bucks
-Once you click to register, you'll just be prompted for payment information like any other online purchase. You can use your own U.S. cc information and name and stuff. I don't think they care where the payment is coming from, they care more about where the access to gamepass is coming from.
-The quality is superb for online streaming. the addon allows you to select different bitrates all the way up to 4500. I had occasional buffering on some of last nights games, but nothing that was too distracting. Bottom line it blows the free Flash streams out of the water and is way more reliable than those other pay services too.
-Remember though, it's still streaming video from the internet, so don't expect it to be like watching Sunday Ticket from DTV. It's next best thing though

MaxieWagner

Jun 26, 2013
Northern California
Thank for all the info, xDetoursx.

Can you confirm that you also expect to see REGULAR SEASON games live… i.e., Were you able to watch LIVE in-season and playoff games last year?

This sounds like a great deal if so.

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013
Thank for all the info, xDetoursx.

Can you confirm that you also expect to see REGULAR SEASON games live… i.e., Were you able to watch LIVE in-season and playoff games last year?

This sounds like a great deal if so.
Yes, depends on what package you pay for. You can pay for the pre-season/regular season package or the pre-season/regular season plus playoff package.

cuzz1369

Jul 27, 2014
OK if I install all of this and get it working is there a good way to get it on my big screen? I have a PS3, dlna bluray, Xbox one, and a Chromecast to work with.

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013
OK if I install all of this and get it working is there a good way to get it on my big screen? I have a PS3, dlna bluray, Xbox one, and a Chromecast to work with.
I'm sure there's many ways to do it. I don't use any of those though so I can't comment. I have an HTPC hooked up to my plasma via HDMI. My router is next to the TV and PC, so I can use the ethernet cable. If you're gonna try a wireless method, you may run into streaming issues like buffering. Obviously every system is different.

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
I just tried it through firetv. Although it ran it was so choppy that I'd rather watch spots devil on a crap quality

cuzz1369

Jul 27, 2014
I notice a lot if buffering going on. When I view gamepass in the browser it runs fine. Only this add on has the issue.

Kraai

Jan 29, 2014
whats the point for this addon if you do need a subscription? and therefore have to pay for it? Or am I missing something?

If you do have to pay for it then you can just as well download the nfl gamepass app.

Last edited:

owestyo

Oct 24, 2013
whats the point for this addon if you do need a subscription? and therefore have to pay for it? Or am I missing something?
I was thinking the same but I suppose a dev has put in a fair bit of work for this and it's not for his or her benefit? So although I won't use it it's still a neat thing.

Kraai

Jan 29, 2014
Sure it's a neat thing but as long as it's not free I dont see any benefits in using it. Btw...I say your playlist owestyo...will you have a NFL Redzone stream on there?

Last edited:

jarcuri

Dec 9, 2013
So is the live games working or not on the Fire TV?
It will work on the fire tv but you have to have your router setup for the vpn if your in the u.s. makes the games pretty choppy. ... the add-on is well done just the system is very taxing for the fire tv

mulliganman

May 31, 2014
It will work on the fire tv but you have to have your router setup for the vpn if your in the u.s. makes the games pretty choppy. ... the add-on is well done just the system is very taxing for the fire tv
Who are you using and what is your internet speed from your ISP?

xDetoursx

Apr 11, 2013

If you do have to pay for it then you can just as well download the nfl gamepass app.

The point of this addon is:
1. You can watch every NFL game this year for $100 instead of $300 with NO blackouts
2. You can watch all of those games within XBMC instead of having to get out of the program and watch it through a browser.
3. You can watch the games with a high quality reliable stream. Try doing that with a "free" stream

Do you really think everything should be free?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Video Addons 3
J Video Addons 2
M Addon Requests 0