NITO doesn't install, and no SSH works to put XBMC on newly jailbroken ATV2

nmoreman

Feb 9, 2013
Hi, I'm looking for help, have worked, read, read more and eyes are crossed.

I jailbroke Apple TV 2 on Windows with Season Pass, first time I thought I had problems, double checked, it wasn't jailbroken, rebroke and broke, and finally verified with tethered boot on ATV2 with Firecore replacing settings.

Now just want to put XMBC on my ATV.

I have tried all ssh methods, PuTTY, WinScp, and Tunnelier, all time out. Gave up.
Found Nito and am trying to install, but it will not find my ATV, then when I click Other, it says its not jailbroken, but it is.
IP address when hooked to tv shows one IP address, CMD on computer used to reboot shows slightly different.

I cant figure this out, SeasonPass didn't work the way it should, but after 2 days of reading, and hacking, it does verify with Firecore replacing settings. I think Im on 5.2.1 (so tired and I have it unhooked setting here plugged in computer, definitely tethered).

Is there anything anyone knows to help? Love XBMC, have it on all computer, jailbroken devices, and my friends, but this is driving me crazy!!!!

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Hi, I'm looking for help, have worked, read, read more and eyes are crossed.

I jailbroke Apple TV 2 on Windows with Season Pass, first time I thought I had problems, double checked, it wasn't jailbroken, rebroke and broke, and finally verified with tethered boot on ATV2 with Firecore replacing settings.

Now just want to put XMBC on my ATV.

I have tried all ssh methods, PuTTY, WinScp, and Tunnelier, all time out. Gave up.
Found Nito and am trying to install, but it will not find my ATV, then when I click Other, it says its not jailbroken, but it is.
IP address when hooked to tv shows one IP address, CMD on computer used to reboot shows slightly different.

I cant figure this out, SeasonPass didn't work the way it should, but after 2 days of reading, and hacking, it does verify with Firecore replacing settings. I think Im on 5.2.1 (so tired and I have it unhooked setting here plugged in computer, definitely tethered).

Is there anything anyone knows to help? Love XBMC, have it on all computer, jailbroken devices, and my friends, but this is driving me crazy!!!!
Alright

1. find what os your on by going to settings-general-about and version. Verify what you have first.

2. You don't need all the shsh tools. you need to be jailbroken and you can notice by the firecore logo on the settings app. Once done that download nito installer than select your apple tv and click install XBMC and also NITO Tv. Best way to do it :)

Packetcrypt

Aug 7, 2012
Hey Guys,

I am in a similar situation. Jailbroke AppleTv 2 ( 5.2.1 ) no problem .. FireCore logo appears in the menu. NitoTv detected the appletv and I clicked install NitoTv and XBMC ... after 5 seconds both showed a checkmark displaying that they were installed successfully however the Nito and XBMC logos do not appear in the menu when hooking back up to the tv.

The only thing that didn't seem correct was NitoTv did not ask for a password as it shows in the install directions.

Any suggestions?

I thought it was because XBMC was only made for Version 5.2 and lower and I have 5.2.1 ??

crusader88

Apr 19, 2013
Hey Guys,

I am in a similar situation. Jailbroke AppleTv 2 ( 5.2.1 ) no problem .. FireCore logo appears in the menu. NitoTv detected the appletv and I clicked install NitoTv and XBMC ... after 5 seconds both showed a checkmark displaying that they were installed successfully however the Nito and XBMC logos do not appear in the menu when hooking back up to the tv.

The only thing that didn't seem correct was NitoTv did not ask for a password as it shows in the install directions.

Any suggestions?

I thought it was because XBMC was only made for Version 5.2 and lower and I have 5.2.1 ??

Make sure both are connected to the same internet and try running the program in admin mode. Click one at a time and give it some it, it should restart then install the other.

Mikey1234

Banned
May 6, 2012
UK
Also delete textures database

And I would advise you not to have such a high cache buffer in advanced XML