Shel

Feb 4, 2013
Anyone know when Nito will update the software for Apple tv 2 Kodi 14.0
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

vitalsigns

May 30, 2014
Hi Shel and filletboy,

I upgraded my Apple tv2 yesterday to Kodi.

Where you see Nito do you see another Icon called maintenance? Within maintenance you have the option to install Kodi which should be displayed right under XBMC which should be at Gotham 13.2.

I choose to install Kodi and it worked right away. I still have the XBMC Icon on the main screen but when I choose it nothing happens. The Kodi Icon is next to it and when I choose it it get me right in with everything as it was when I was using Gotham.

Thanks

lgoodknight

May 28, 2013
Rock Island Arsenal IL
vitalsigns, I think what you are referring to is the Maintenance icon put there only if you used Seasonpass to jailbreak your device and then only if you installed it from Seasonpass. Bet lots of folks do not have that icon.

vitalsigns

May 30, 2014
Hi Igoodnight,

Thank you for the reply.

I was not sure how it has been there as I got my Apple TV that was already jailbroken and then all I have done over the years is use the maintenance tool to upgrade.

I did use Putty to downgrade from Gotham to Frodo following commands and it worked perfectly.

Apologies if the maintenance tool Icon is misleading was just trying to help!

Thanks

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
vitalsigns, I think what you are referring to is the Maintenance icon put there only if you used Seasonpass to jailbreak your device and then only if you installed it from Seasonpass. Bet lots of folks do not have that icon.

Actually, i think the maint icon is only put on main screen if the box was jailbroken with fire core atv flash if memory serves me right.

No other installer uses that icon.

JoeG3

Jun 28, 2013
So those of us whom have used Seasonpass and Nito installs Nito TV but will not install XBMC. i have tried several computers and different network settings. is this installer down & not currently working? My Jailbreak goes through fine, when i choose install XBMC is takes the usual amount of time then shows the Check mark but does not actually have XBMC on the ATV2. anyones help will be appreciated. I've checked the forums but have been unsuccessful finding anything else on this matter

JoeG3

Jun 28, 2013
Finally***

After trying multiple time through the Nito app i finally was able to install the Kodi app (formerly xbmc, same spot on the menu). i had to go into install software> Kodi-ATV2 repo>more>dpkg configure then back out then install the Kodi-ATV2 Repo. then the Kodi Icon appeared next to the NITO icon on the home screen of the ATV2.

i hope this helps someone else.

filletboy

Nov 27, 2012
Mass, US
Finally***

After trying multiple time through the Nito app i finally was able to install the Kodi app (formerly xbmc, same spot on the menu). i had to go into install software> Kodi-ATV2 repo>more>dpkg configure then back out then install the Kodi-ATV2 Repo. then the Kodi Icon appeared next to the NITO icon on the home screen of the ATV2.

i hope this helps someone else.
Joe
was the 'install software' found in the NITO app on your apple 2 or the NITO installer?
I guess i am too thick LOL to understand your explanation LOL