Nito Installer - issues & problems

Don_black

May 25, 2012
Hello Dev's

I have a problem with my Atv2 it appears that when I update my nito updates it removed XBMC that I had working great. Needless to say I jailbreaked my device over. installed nito from the installer on ipad now i get a message saying ( E: Type "libcurl.4.dylib" is not known on line 1 in the source list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nito.list )

i then found a site explaining how to fix the problem but now I can now ssh into atv2 because of some host problem that I am not familiar wit. This happens when I put in the password I didn't change my password so why am I getting this error.

The authenticity of host ' (127.0.0.1)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 62:04:af:8c:f3:7c:2b:b3:bd:16:a1:34:49:5d:3f:ff.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

novice222

Oct 21, 2012
It's not an error, it is just your mac updating the known_hosts file. Nothing to worry about.

Don_black

May 25, 2012
This error is not letting me instal XBMC or anything else for that matter I reset the atv2 twice and the same error still appears after i reboot.

Don_black

May 25, 2012
I was not abe to run that command I received an error when I did it.. I will try when I get home again I have two apple tv's that went down after installing nitoTV with installer. I am not sure why this is happening, but it is frustrating.

Surfer

Oct 1, 2013
HOW TO UPGRADE XBMC FROM EDEN TO FRODO ON YOUR APPLE TV 2

Follow the guide below to upgrade your XBMC on the Apple TV 2. It is a simple process and doesn't require any technical experience. Just be sure to follow the guide exactly.

Requirements:

Apple TV 2 Jailbroken with any version of XBMC installed (Plugged into the TV)
Mac or PC Computer
Nito Installer (Mac Download or PC Download)

1) Download the Nito Installer application onto your computer
2) Launch the Nito Installer
3) Select your Apple TV from the drop down menu
4) Select the option 'Upgrade XBMC'
5) Wait until you have the green checkmark
6) Enjoy! You will now be running the latest version of XBMC on your Apple TV 2

Note: Both the computer and the Apple TV must be connected to the same network when performing this update.