No Audio - Android box

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
I have Kodi loaded on a few different devices, couple laptop and a few boxes.

I have MXQ and a Zidoo X6 and every now and then the audio will just stop in the middle of a show and this only happens in the android boxes and ALOT on the MXQ. i have found (so far) that the only way to restore audio is to unplug and plug back in.

I have tried the following,

Clearing Cache and purging packages with Raw Maintenance
Unplugging and plugging back in HDMI cable.
Stopping show and restarting that show and other shows.
and of course unplugging and plugging back in.

Im curious if there is another fix and i ask this because i have loaded up shows and had audio and no video and all i need to do to fix that is cycle through the aspect ratios in video settings while the show is playing and it pops back.

it seems(to me) that something is getting hung up in memory or something and that is what is causing that.

any ideas?

Brian

Feb 20, 2013
I have Kodi loaded on a few different devices, couple laptop and a few boxes.

I have MXQ and a Zidoo X6 and every now and then the audio will just stop in the middle of a show and this only happens in the android boxes and ALOT on the MXQ. i have found (so far) that the only way to restore audio is to unplug and plug back in.

I have tried the following,

Clearing Cache and purging packages with Raw Maintenance
Unplugging and plugging back in HDMI cable.
Stopping show and restarting that show and other shows.
and of course unplugging and plugging back in.

Im curious if there is another fix and i ask this because i have loaded up shows and had audio and no video and all i need to do to fix that is cycle through the aspect ratios in video settings while the show is playing and it pops back.

it seems(to me) that something is getting hung up in memory or something and that is what is causing that.

any ideas?
all i use for kodi is android boxes pluss 1 aftv stick never had an issue with sound ,could it be the HDMI cable or the HDMI outlet on your tv , try another cable or tv , sometimes its a matter of elimination

PavingPimp

Feb 17, 2016
i have switched that box from room to room on a couple different tv's with a couple different cables. so i know its not outside of the box at all. its either hardware or a glitch in the software

fracl

Jan 1, 2015
I have an MXQ and an M8S and i have had audio issues since i got them. I gave up on these boxes a while back, I was spending more time fixing and reading for a fix then i was enjoying TV. I went back to my laptop and never looked back. plus my laptop is sooo much faster then these little *** boxes. I could never figure out what the problem really was. but like you said unplugging it seemed to be the only thing that worked.

strike0408

Nov 29, 2012
Canada
i have switched that box from room to room on a couple different tv's with a couple different cables. so i know its not outside of the box at all. its either hardware or a glitch in the software
in kodi go to system/system/audio output/then choose audio output device. then try the different available output devices for your system to see which one works... try that.