No audio only picture

di72

Dec 11, 2015
In the top right hand corner where the time is I have the volume button with a slash thru it, saying no sound. I cannot get that off. Can someone please tell me how to get my sound back on? It was like that when I got the box. I have tried everything.:mad:

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
pressing +/= key, will increase the volume to get out of mute mode usually.

di72

Dec 11, 2015
pressing +/= key, will increase the volume to get out of mute mode usually.

My box works only by my tv remote. tried the volume, tried everything, nothing worked. Please how do I get sound?

Pa247

Apr 6, 2015
What kind of box, what version of kodi and is it like this with every addon or only some?

di72

Dec 11, 2015
I just looked it up, Kodi 14.2. It only has some addons, I can add others myself. It's just a tiny little black box. No on/off switch. Have to manually turn it off thru my TV remote.

ddjm81

Feb 15, 2016
i have the same problem. iuse amazon fire tv box. all addons on kodi, no sound....HELP,

Stoofer

Staff member
Apr 18, 2015
Wales
In the top right hand corner where the time is I have the volume button with a slash thru it, saying no sound. I cannot get that off. Can someone please tell me how to get my sound back on? It was like that when I got the box. I have tried everything.:mad:
There are two different methods of handling sound volume on Kodi Android. The first is the Android OS system itself, these are what the Vol and mute buttons (if you have them) on your remote control and are for and are used to control sound in all Android apps, Kodi included. So if you are running Kodi and using these buttons to control Kodi sound then they have nothing to do with Kodi, think of them as Android System Controls.

The second method of handling sound in Kodi is Kodi itself, it has its own volume control and mute buttons built into it. Unless the remote control that comes with your box - and I'm assuming it is an Android box that you have - is SPECIFICALLY designed to run with Kodi then you won't be able to access these "internal" controls and that's where a keyboard comes in.

I'm guessing that since the Vol controls on your remote control have no effect (you can download Android apps that report back keycodes being pressed to check that the remote isn't broken if you want) then the Mute function has been switched On somehow via Kodi's "internal" control. If that is the case then you will need to get yourself a keyboard - a standard cheapo USB PC keyboard will do the job - plug it into your box and press Function Key 8 as F8 is the Kodi's own Mute button. This should remove the No Sound icon from the screen and restore your sound. Oh, and make sure the Kodi volume level is high enough for you via the '+' and '=' keys, which will also unMute Kodi as a side effect.

To get the most out of Kodi you will need to use a full keyboard of some sort, small wireless keyboards for use with Android are really cheap and all you need is a spare USB to plug the receiver into.

maan

Apr 14, 2015
I also found this the 1st time i played a video - I'm using an android tablet.

I used the volume button to turn sound up no joy.

I played a movie and still no sound.

I clicked on the movie and small icons appeared on the bottom right and one of those buttons takes you to a screen where not only Volume but also amplify is shown.

I moved the volume slider and I got sound. You can the set that as a default for all videos.

It may be thats your problem too - have a look and see.

Hope that helps

maan

I know what this problem is. When you start a movie, pause it and open the menu. Select the Audio section. You will see the first slider will be all the way to the left. Move that slider to the right.

I also had this happen to me when I applied a new skin to Kodi.
Not sure if it was the skin or something else.

Let me know if that works...