No boot after Dev Update

bullsboy

May 28, 2012
Derbyshire, UK
Yesterday I spent most of the day building a new OpenELEC setup on my Pi based on MarkRich image.

I had everything working sweet until I updated to 3.2.3. Then I was getting reboots on music playback (whenever a track finished( so i installed the Dev Update tool downgraded to 3.2.2 and switched it to disable oc. When it did the reboot to re-enable oc settings, it no longer boots.

I'm sure tuxen once posted what you need to do to get it back up and running without losing everything but I can't find it. Any recommendations before I start all over again?

Cheers

Kjxn

May 11, 2012
Did you do any overclocking? It sounds like you have corrupted your SD card. Are you running solely off an SD card? If you overclocked, you can always comment the lines out and try to boot again before we determine if its corrupted.

MarkRich

Banned
May 13, 2012
Weird. So far I've had no issues with it upgrade or downgrade with disable overclocking. If you are getting storage mount error, definitely corrupted

tuxen

Banned
Mar 23, 2012
Denmark
Unzip the openELEC 3.2.2 tar file.
From the target dir grab SYSTEM and KERNEL.
Copy them to your sdcard overwriting existing SYSTEM file.
Rename KERNEL to kernel.img again overwriting the existing file.
It should boot now. :)

If your sdcard is completely blank (unlikely) grab the files from the 3'rd party folder in the tar file and copy them to the sdcard to. Remember to modify cmdline.txt and config.txt if this is the case.

Copy all the files from the sdcard to a folder on your PC so you have a quick backup if bad luck should strike again. ;)