... no idea what's wrong...

LilSnoop40

Nov 27, 2012
hello, can someone answer a question for me please. i have bought the raspberry pi board, a wifi dongle, sd card and power supply. everything runs great, except no matter what addon i try to watch a movie/tv show from it buffers after only 1-5 constant. i have tried wired or wireless same issue. i have tried a few different images from raspbmc and openelec and same issue. i have a cable internet 50 download and 6 upload so i don't think that's it. the same addon's on my apple tv play with no issue. please help.

parts i bought:

Edimax EW-7811Un 150 Mbps Wireless 11n Nano Size USB Adapter with EZmax Setup Wizard
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CLMJLU/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

SanDisk Extreme 16 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 45MB/s SDSDX-016G-X46
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0037FLUYU/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

AmazonBasics Wall Charger with USB Outlet (2.1 Amp Output)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CG2ATQ/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00

thanks

LilSnoop40

Nov 27, 2012
ok, i just decided to use the windows installer again and try the install over again. after doing this and installing Na*i-X, 1Ch**nel and Ic*f*lms my buffering issue seems to be gone. i just tried fast five from iceflims and its 1080 it boot right up and played without buffering for a good 10 minutes why would this be, did the installer use a newer version that might of fixed this. i have tried this movie along with other and constant buffer prior to this new install of raspbmc via the windows installer. also under system settings should you change the resolution or leave it on the default 1280x720? i also noticed that this new install the cpu usage and memory is 100 times lower then before and memory is more as well. please explain.

thanks

MarkRich

Banned
May 13, 2012
CPU usage is reported incorrectly. You cannot base it off of anything in the Sys Info stats. You'd have to SSH into the device and get real time stats. It's much lower, no worries.

lowridin_guy

May 10, 2012
ok, i just decided to use the windows installer again and try the install over again. after doing this and installing Na*i-X, 1Ch**nel and Ic*f*lms my buffering issue seems to be gone. i just tried fast five from iceflims and its 1080 it boot right up and played without buffering for a good 10 minutes why would this be, did the installer use a newer version that might of fixed this. i have tried this movie along with other and constant buffer prior to this new install of raspbmc via the windows installer. also under system settings should you change the resolution or leave it on the default 1280x720? i also noticed that this new install the cpu usage and memory is 100 times lower then before and memory is more as well. please explain.

thanks
Maybe so many people were watching the superbowl last night and not streaming which eased the strain on the servers causing you to get faster download speeds = less/no buffering.

This is just my assumption. Not fact.