No KODI logo on Firestick Recents, but was before....?

DGM

Aug 20, 2014
Howdy folks,

I hope the title made at least some sense, lol.

I have been running KODI/XBMC for a few years, but had a new problem crop up yesterday.

3 Firesticks (without Alexa) and the problem does not happen. One FireTV (with Alexa) and the problem shows up, but didn't show until I tried to update to 17.1. When I first had 16.1 on the FTV the logo showed up Under Recents.

Did a clean install of 17.1 (used clear cache, then clear data, then uninstall, then Clean Master, then rebooted, used adbLink to sideload 17.1, 32 bit). That's when the logo disappeared from Recents category. Seems the only way to start Kodi on the Fire TV now, is to go thru the settings, managed apps, kodi, launch.

Cleaned again, figuring I screwed up, sideloaded 16.1 backup I had made, and now it does the same thing as it did with 17.1. Can't get it to show up on Recents. Shows up just fine after reloading 16.1 (after a 17.1 fun time), with no problem. So I've tried numerous ways to open, close, reboot to no avail.

What am I missing, any ideas?

Thanks guys

AZDoug

Apr 6, 2017
Go from home page on Stick/Fire TV and go down to "Your Apps & Games"....go across until you either see Kodi or the See All, select See All....scroll down and you'll find Kodi there. Just open it from there and then close Kodi....it should now be in your Recents...

DGM

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks AZDoug,

But......tried that after reading your post. Problem....there is no "See All", and Kodi is not listed in Your Apps and Games.

Other suggestions, or.....?

DGM

Aug 20, 2014
Howdy again,

So, I kinda keep everything at a minimum to keep things running smoothly, and I had a thought this morning. I went into the firestick and added 3 more programs, then went to apps and games and viola, there was the See All. Clicked on it, there was Kodi, opened from there, and now it's in my Recents.

Thanks AZDave, your suggestion worked.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Kodi Support 2
F Amazon Fire TV 10
F Amazon Fire TV 66