No output

Atvtester

Aug 2, 2013
I have G-Box by Matricom, one day everything went blank. There's Power indicated but no output. I tried changing hdmi cable, plug into a different input on the TV, nothing. I tried to re-install the firmware from their website using the toothpick method still nothing, it seem there nothing coming out of the box to TV. Anyone have this issue and how to get it back to life is greatly appreciated.

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
sometimes you have to erase everything in the nand flash drive. to do this I use a finless bobs rom program for android available at a place called freaktab. Only his rom programs have an erase function.

Now perhaps your unit is burnt up inside and hardware is damaged then nothing will work on it ever again.

How about the power supply? can you find another with same voltage output and try? don't throw away the box if just the power supply is bad, heck get a multimeter at harbor freight and test it yourself.

Or an easier way for you to get back in action would be to go to the matricom website and use their support to rerom your unit. Now someone said they are not responding but I went there myself and saw some good info. You'll just have to try it.

From what you said I don't know if its your power supply, your main unit, or the software is jammed up that's why I mentioned all the things I did.

Or toss it and get an ouya or a Windows or a newer android, lots of newer better choices.

Last edited:

Atvtester

Aug 2, 2013
How about the power supply? can you find another with same voltage output and try?

I'd tried that still no go. The box does have blue light lid just nothing coming out of the box. Figure it's just the firmware, so I'd tried the toothpick method, usually it will boot up into where it enable you to boot, factory re-set, etc. this case after few minutes still nothing.

You mentioned freaktab, I will go to their site and do some reading but just a quick question this is to ease the box or SDcard?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
Internal SD card aka nand flash must be jammed up since you say you have a blue light. That also means power supply is good, box is probably good too. Yeah you need to unjam it which means erase first or copy over with a good rom may fix it but also may not until full erase takes place, you'll have to take a stab at it first and see.

sagheerahmed94

Apr 13, 2013
NEW YORK
I have the same issue in my Gbox Midnight v2.2 just blue light is on in the box and Tv screen is black i did all efort but no luck

Last edited:

Atvtester

Aug 2, 2013
Internal SD card aka nand flash must be jammed up since you say you have a blue light. That also means power supply is good, box is probably good too. Yeah you need to unjam it which means erase first or copy over with a good rom may fix it but also may not until full erase takes place, you'll have to take a stab at it first and see.
TheLion, would it be too much trouble for you to link me directly to the nand flash drive? There's so many and I have not idea what actually I'm suppose to look for.

Last edited:

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
ROM_Flash_Tool_21.exe

this program has 3 tabs the middle tab has a choice of erase nand. That's what you want to do is simply erase your nand flash. Then that's it, you'll need to re rom after that with another program that is supported by matricom and meant to be installed specifically for your box. You'll have to find the right rom for your box either directly from matricom or elsewhere on the net. You'll need a windows 8 computer not 8.1 and a successful driver installation which is another task in itself.

Really this method worked for me but if you aren't experienced with roms and all this your best bet is to get with matricom, explain to them your problem and let them walk you through the repair. If they're out of business or don't respond just throw the box away and move on. Its more work to repair a jammed matricom box than it is to go and buy an new one and start over. Most of them are outdated anyway. That is assuming the toothpick method has failed you. The toothpick method usually works for most people. You still may have an actual hardware issue with your unit also (especially if the toothpick method failed you), if that's the case then it will need to be replaced.

Me, I wouldn't waste my time with a matricom box, they're starter boxes not something you want to keep around forever.

Hopefully you won't have more time into this problem than the box is worth.

Atvtester

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks for the wealth informations, TheLion. I only have windows 8.1 seems like I will have to toss it. In your opinion, what is the best box now?

TheLion

Jun 2, 2013
Central Florida USA
That's a bear man, sorry.

Did you try matricom? Are they answering? I wouldn't literally throw it away just yet. Maybe put it on the back burner for the future. If I hear about a way to help further I will say something.

I'm using a hp stream mini. Its windows based and its been so good to me and flawless that I've been bored because I have had nothing to fix since I bought it about 3 months ago.

Ouya is good too especially if you like android.

Fire tv a lot of folks right here love them. Not my style though.