no sound on kodi box

ryanscp

Jan 5, 2017
Hello everyone,

I hope it is something simple but I have a sound issue that just popped up on my kodi box. It is an Amlogic box with an AArch64 processor running the 6.0.1 OS and the latest (17) kodi version. I logged onto my box yesterday and noticed no sound. At the top right corner of the page is a red speaker and a red x beside it. I thought one of my kids accidentally hit the mute button so i clicked on that and nothing. I went through every option of sound i could think of. it is hooked up to my tv and receiver. I can hear clicks when i am at the home screen but once i get into kodi, no sound. I unplugged the box for 10 minutes and still red speaker with x in corner. I am hoping someone has had this issue and found an easy fix that i just missed. If you have a solution or need more info, let me know.
Thanks

Meep

Aug 23, 2016
Repeatably hit the volume up on your remote, not the TV volume up but the Android volume up... That or hit the mute button on the remote, or hook up a keyboard and press the + key until you unmute it...

Terrence McKinnley

Dec 2, 2018
Thank you so much for this superb solution you recommended. It really corrects the problem I'm having with no sound. Thumbs Up!