No sound on TV threw xbmc

bassilf

Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

Xbmc works fine and sounds great on my laptop. Once i plug my laptop to my tv using an hdmi cable video works but no sound coming out of my sony bravia. The sound only comes out of the laptop speakers. I tested by playing a movie threw windows media player and sounds works fine on tv. Only when using XBMC it will not work.

hdmi with xbmc, no ound from tv.

Thx

mirageuk

Sep 21, 2012
Yorkshire
I had the same problem where the sound was coming out my laptop. I solved this by going in to the sound options on my computer (which you can access in your control panel) then set your sound default as HDMI. This should solve the problem, just remember to set the default back to the laptops speakers when you are finished using it on your TV.
I hope that helps.

Red67

Aug 19, 2013
Liverpool, UK
I had the same problem where the sound was coming out my laptop. I solved this by going in to the sound options on my computer (which you can access in your control panel) then set your sound default as HDMI. This should solve the problem, just remember to set the default back to the laptops speakers when you are finished using it on your TV.
I hope that helps.
Yes thats what works for me, It can be a bit of a pain but I find it works best if you do iut before you run any addon.