Noobie Looking For Audio Through Headphones Question.

RJBalex

May 22, 2014
Hey Guys,

So I went forth and ordered my G-Box Q after weeks of research for a top notch replacement for my Apple TV 2. The choice was between the Nvidia Shield, however I did not find it for Canada. I was wondering if anyone here is using wireless headphones with their G Box Q. I have a fairly new (3 year) old Samsung LED Smart TV (not wireless smart, needs usb). I was wondering how can i use wireless headphones. If it has a USB dongle, can i plug it into G-Box Q and enjoy Kodi/Netflix through that? I am not very technical so if someone can help me understand how to get headphones to work with my new purchase, I would really appreciate it.

Also, if someone has a decent pair of headphones in mind as a recommendation, I would be very happy. 8)

Thanks!

RavRob

Staff member
Nov 21, 2012
The Halls of Valhalla
Hey Guys,

So I went forth and ordered my G-Box Q after weeks of research for a top notch replacement for my Apple TV 2. The choice was between the Nvidia Shield, however I did not find it for Canada. I was wondering if anyone here is using wireless headphones with their G Box Q. I have a fairly new (3 year) old Samsung LED Smart TV (not wireless smart, needs usb). I was wondering how can i use wireless headphones. If it has a USB dongle, can i plug it into G-Box Q and enjoy Kodi/Netflix through that? I am not very technical so if someone can help me understand how to get headphones to work with my new purchase, I would really appreciate it.

Also, if someone has a decent pair of headphones in mind as a recommendation, I would be very happy. 8)

Thanks!
I have a similar setup as what you have. A Samsung TV with USB. Smart ish... I have purchased a set of "Headrush" wireless headphone. They're not bad....likely better ones out there but more money. These were less than $100 Cdn. On the side of your TV, near the HDMI and USB ports, you will find a 3.5 mm port where you can plugin your wireless headphone. Once plugged, your headphone will work when ever you turn them on. Even if your TV is on Mute. I love mine.

RJBalex

May 22, 2014
Are your headphones running through a receiever that is connected to the 3.5mm port? I was looking into some Bluetooth headphones since I'm told the G box is Bluetooth compatible.